BSNL Unlimited GPRS : any idea ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
anyone have any idea about BSNL unlimited Rs. 199pm GPRS ??? they provide EDGE??(i don't think so...:confused:).... i mainly want to use it 4 PC....

official

In the zone
BSNL's EDGE is Equivalent to Airtel's Normal GPRS.So i Would say a big no.Take Airtel @ 249 pm and if they are providing EDGE in Your area you could get 15-20 KBPS Download Speed.I have a Software for S60 Phones Which can tell you if you have edge or not in the area.

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Nothing in Kolkata. No such scheme. Still per KB charges. And their Customer Care has no clue.

If you are talking about BSNL Landline then sorry to say that EDGE is a mobile technology. So you can't have it on land.

If you want to surf net using your mobile as modem then Airtel is the best option.

And by the way does Cellone provide EDGE anywhere in India.

OP
Tech.Masti

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
@ crazykidd... i am from 24pgs... and BSNL provides unlimited GPRS service only 4 postpaid... Customer care know nothing...... don't believe them.... go bsnl website... i have to go to BSNL bengal main office(canning street) to know details about it... but i want to know if anyone already used it.....

@ Official.......
i am now using MO.... here i not getting EDGE speed.....but first 3 weeks i got 10KBPS download speed... after decrease in speed i call CC, they told me that your area is not EDGE supported.... then how i got first 3 weeks EDGE speed?????!!!!!! they actually know nothing..... i am now using 3220.... so i think 10KBPS was right speed 4 class 6 EDGE..... but now i am getting only 5 KBPS download speed.... :( :(
and please tell me or PM me the S60 software name....

Last edited:

mahendraraut

Broken In
BSNL having its unlimited 199 plan in postpaid not in prepaid.
in prepaid they charges per kb.
i dont think that the BSNL or Airtel is providing EDGE technology.
because I heard that till the date EDGE is not started in india by any Provider.
and Airtel suppose to start the EDGE. I dont know much things, but i just posted whatever i know.

kool

Cyborg Agent
official said:
BSNL's EDGE is Equivalent to Airtel's Normal GPRS.So i Would say a big no.Take Airtel @ 249 pm and if they are providing EDGE in Your area you could get 15-20 KBPS Download Speed.I have a Software for S60 Phones Which can tell you if you have edge or not in the area.

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz give me that software 4 my n-3230.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Originally Posted by official

Name of software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom