BSNL to Alliance ~Router help

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I am currently using BSNL broadband. My current router+modem is TP Link TD-W8961nd *www.flipkart.com/tp-link-td-w8961nd-300mbps-adsl2-wireless-modemrouter/p/itmdet9bbdxq3tnn.
I access the net using wifi from my phone and laptop.

Now I am planning on shifting to alliance cable broadband. But apparently the router+modem that I already have will not work with this connection. They provide an RJ45 cable that is directly plugged into the desktop's LAN port. But I need wireless access on my laptop and phone. Its an absolute must.
So please suggest a router that will work with alliance broadband.
My needs are:-

1.) Access to internet via desktop(no wi-fi support on desktop), laptop(via wi-fi) and phone(via Wi-fi obviously).Often they will be connected at the same time, i.e., desktop via wire and laptop/phone via wi-fi.
2.) Good range across 800 sq.ft flat (through walls).
3.) Access to internet via wi-fi without turning on desktop.

Alliance users please help.
Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S:- Is it absolutely certain that my current router(TP Link td-w8961nd) will not work?

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
How do I make it work then? Plug in RJ45 from alliance to the RJ 45 jack and connect PC with another ethernet cable??
Also can I access net via laptop and phone wirelessly then? Not sure my version has mac address cloning mechanism.

And what do you mean which version?

Hardware version is 2.1

Last edited:
Top Bottom