BSNL router: 192.168.1.1 not opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

aytus

The Boss
hi guys . i hav got a BSNL router model WA3002G4 and have connected it to my ethernet card.. it shows connected at 100Mbps .. but it is always showing "accquiring network address" and when i ping 192.168.1.1 . it shows host unreachable.. also it shows "limited or no connectivity" .. i havnt got the password from bsnl .. jst installed my router yesterday.. but i think the web management page should open without internet coverage too.. cos its located in the router itself and not on the internet// if i m wrong ..please let me know.. if not then tell me how can i open web management page of my router// thanks

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
Use a browser (Opera/IE etc.) and in the address bar use the address *192.168.1.1/
This should open up the modem/router config page showing a login. By default the account and password is admin/admin. Don't forget to change that later on.
Also the acquiring address part wouldn't be a problem unless you want to use your system in a LAN etc, where you may have to mention the alternate address .

shri

Always Fresh!
I think this is because DHCP is not enabled in the router. Also you must have set to acquire the network address automatically. Try the following:
In the Network Connections-->Local Area Connection-->Properties-->TCP/IP-->Properties, enter the following.
IP address: 192.168.1.6
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Preferred DNS: 218.248.240.23
Alternate DNS: 218.248.240.135
Click OK in all dialog boxes. Now the connection status should say 'connected'. Open the router config page. There will be a DHCP configuration page under setup/tools. Enable DHCP, although the manual settings allow you to access the internet.

Vishal Patil

Linux all the way
Did you connect to net earlier. Coz there is a range limit of BSNL BB, it depends on distance from house. One of my friends living about 200 metres away from me doesn't receive connection. As far as modem configuration is concerened, you need to enable DHCP, then connect to modem, else by default configuration, you cannot access or ping your modem. Check in Ethernet properties, check pppoe configuration.

OP
aytus

aytus

The Boss
thanks shri.. now its working yarr. appreciate your help.

well jst got my modem yesterday.. so im kinda new to networkin .. wud like if sm1 can clarify somethings..
IP address: 192.168.1.6 (is this the addy for my pc? like if i wanna connect my lappy i will use somthing like 2 or .3 or .4 or .7 in place of .6 .. rit?)
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0(this will remain same??)
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1?(all the traffic routed to this?? which belongs to router))
Preferred DNS: 218.248.240.23
Alternate DNS: 218.248.240.135 (have no idea wot are these ?? hw are you supposed to find these?? are these bsnl servers??)

wot is DHCP and how to enable it?? i know a lil bit about it.. like you store settings in the router itself and even if u format you will still b able to connect// can sm1 point me in rit direction to know more .. and also wot is port forwarding .. y is it used ??

i couldnt find the option to configure DHCP in my settings
where do you think it will be in this list, these are the options im gettin on web configration page:
Device Info
Summary
WAN
Statistics
LAN
WAN
ATM
ADSL
Route
ARP
Advanced Setup
WAN
LAN
Security
MAC Filtering
Routing
Default Gateway
Static Route
DSL
Port Mapping
Wireless
Basic
Security
MAC Filter
Wireless Bridge
Advanced
Station Info
Diagnostics
Management
Settings
Backup
Update
System Log
SNMP Agent
TR-069 Client
Access Control
Services
IP Addresses
Passwords
Update Software
Restore Default
Save/Reboot

thanks

Ok. Did sm research on portforward.Com. Vry cool site. Nw hw to enable dhcp to assign dynamic ip,s? And do i need to forward ports if im usin a single pc. Wot r the apps that benifit 4m port frwarding?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom