BSNL Modem MT880 Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hello Guys, I have a Huawei MT880 Modem/Router and also a Linksys WIFI router, I checked it with the local BSNL office and they said the modem is gone. the router part is ok as I can access the modem page. but it cannot connect to the server. BSNL checked it in their office and confirmed it. Now they have given me a replacement modem(previously used by other customer). I had purchased the modem in 2005. My question is should I getting a new modem or a used one. Why I am asking this question is that I saw another customer get a new modem in a similar case. They say that people who purchase the modem from them do not get a replacement, they say that I was given a replacement modem cause I was a old customer. They dont have any Type I Modem in stock. They have only Type II Modem(with wifi). They are not procuring Type I Modems cause BSNL wants to push IPTV which will not work with Type I modems.

Few options for me.
1. Get my modem repaired.
2. Stick to what they have given. ( No Guarantee that replacement modem will work atleast for two more year ) . It looks ugly :mad:
3. Buy a new ADSL modem from market
4. Buy a Type II modem frorm BSNL, and use my existing WIFI router as another accesspoint in other room.

din

Tribal Boy
I am not very sure (May be the senior member Vaithy will be able to give some details ?), but in my case, they gave a new modem. Old modem had some problem and they gave me a new modem.

The new modem works perfect ? Looking ugly means the design or because it cllected dust etc ? If you are not happy with the modem they gave and if you do not need a wireless modem at all, then try to get it repaired. But again, not sure about the service centres etc. Any info they gave ?

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
its replacement modem and not new modem. guess they gave me one which they give for rental. its completely dirty. How old was your modem when they replaced it? The modem they gave is working fine, but im not sure how long it can work properly.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I'd bought the modem sometime in 2004 I guess. It broke.. I had to buy a new one last year... since obviously it was out of warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom