BSNL Launches 2 Higher FUP Plans 1 and 2 Mbps

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^small b is always bits

They should have done away with 256Kbps long ago but fup trend prevailed.
What's sad about bsnl is that all their general plans have very low fup data limits like 6,8GB and their post fup speed for all plans being same,whether one is on 1Mbps or 4Mbps plan.For downloaders they are effectively 512Kbps plans.
They should also increase speeds of uld800 and uld999 plans or at least they should increase the pre fup data cap to more reasonable numbers.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
they should've increased the post fup speed to 1 mbps. 512 kbps in 2014 when the global ISPs have moved to 10-20 mbps flat unlimited for like 10-15$/month :facepalm:

rish1

Cyborg Agent
5 years ago i asked my friend what was his internet plan ?

he said airtel .. 512 kbps unlimited at Rs 700 (after tax )

after so much progress in these 5 years they have managed to finally come neck to neck with their 5 years old plans..

- - - Updated - - -

^small b is always bits

They should have done away with 256Kbps long ago but fup trend prevailed.
What's sad about bsnl is that all their general plans have very low fup data limits like 6,8GB and their post fup speed for all plans being same,whether one is on 1Mbps or 4Mbps plan.For downloaders they are effectively 512Kbps plans.
They should also increase speeds of uld800 and uld999 plans or at least they should increase the pre fup data cap to more reasonable numbers.

For downloaders their cheapest and best plan is
Rs 630..
unlimited downloading at 2mbps at night..

*www.bsnl.co.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BB_combo_plan.html

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^Yeah know about it,but it doesn't suit everybody.
For scheduled downloads that plan is fine.Other than that night period the day limit of 2.5GB is too low for me personally.
Also for those who do watch a lot of youtube and other videos it's not that suitable.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
^Yeah know about it,but it doesn't suit everybody.
For scheduled downloads that plan is fine.Other than that night period the day limit of 2.5GB is too low for me personally.
Also for those who do watch a lot of youtube and other videos it's not that suitable.

yeah 2.5 gb is too low for even browsing shopping websites.. forget youtube entirely..
but those who do not have option of other isp apart from airtel and bsnl( for most people only these 2 are available ) this is the only cheapest plan for downloading with little bit trouble of night scheduling..

else 525 unlimited at 512 kbps is a good welcome edition at cheap price..

rest all plans are crap

why aren't they introducing more night plans ? airtel has no night plans , bsnl has only 1 decent plan ..

512 kbps day 10 gb .. 2mbps unlimited night from 11-8 am at 700-750 rs would be a very good plan if airtel can come up

Last edited:
I went to exchange today, they have no information regarding these new plans.
I said, it's on bsnl site. Then, they said.."Abhi upar se order nhi aaye"... :(

rish1

Cyborg Agent
If it's a true unlimited plan (without FUP) and from current scenario of internet in our country I don't think 2799 is excessive for 4 mbps :|

Its 4 mbps till 30 gb .. 2 mbps after FUp , looks too much expensive to me .. mtnl 1650 plan is much better than this

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Its 4 mbps till 30 gb .. 2 mbps after FUp , looks too much expensive to me .. mtnl 1650 plan is much better than this
In that case it's slightly expensive, yes. 30 GB is nothing with 4 mbps. I have given up actually. We can not have half decent internet speeds in this country. Period.

Top Bottom