BSNL intros FTTH service in Pune, promises Internet speed up to 100Mbps

socrates

In the zone
I wonder when this will come to Mumbai thru MTNL, even though an announcement to that effect was made some months ago. BSNL intros FTTH service in Pune promises - Online Best Latest Price Reviews | Features in India

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think it will only be for the uber-elite. High cost will prevent it from coming into the mainstream market.

High cost of equipment and high cost of implementation.

OP
socrates

socrates

In the zone
Actually that MTNL Mumbai ED had made this announcement in 2009 that it would be laid out in Mumbai from Dec 2009. But when I asked the DE for my area he laughed & said its currently been given to 'high end users' read only for customers who can fork out the dough.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I think Skud from Pune quoted in thread Win8 Preview that his office uses 100Mbps BSNL line...I think they have fiber connection.

joy.das.jd

Journeyman
whao.........

prices from 3K to 83K. My entire PC does not cost that much. What ridiculous plans!!!
And here i am looking for a meager 1MBPS plan without any FUP and these guys are boasting of 100 MBPS plan.

Someone take out a cane and beat the hell out of these morons. I am begging you.....

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
why morons? who else will pay for infrastructure if not customer?

I admit as a customer, FUP is wrong

vaithy

In the zone
3 G is costly than the landline BB because associated investment including spectrum charges.. like this FTTH investment for the particular area run in to millions..
this plan is suitable to companys in multistorey buildings as well as apartments,

2.1 Since FTTH network can support higher bandwidth, many high speed Broadband plans are being offered to the customers on FTTH so as to give them a better experience and a differentiated product. Further, the rollout of FTTH will be in both residential as well as in commercial areas and hence the product is both for home as well as for business users.
I have already posted this in this forum. again for reference.
FTTH

The telecommunications industry differentiates between several distinct configurations. The terms in most widespread use today are:

FTTN – Fiber-to-the-node – fiber is terminated in a street cabinet up to several kilometers away from the customer premises, with the final connection being copper.
FTTC – Fiber-to-the-cabinet or fiber-to-the-curb – this is very similar to FTTN, but the street cabinet is closer to the user’s premises; typically within 300m.
FTTB – Fiber-to-the-building or Fiber-to-the-basement – fiber reaches the boundary of the building, such as the basement in a multi-dwelling unit, with the final connection to the individual living space being made via alternative means.
FTTH – Fiber-to-the-home – fiber reaches the boundary of the living space, such as a box on the outside wall of a home.
FTTP – Fiber-to-the premises – this term is used in several contexts: as a blanket term for both FTTH and FTTB, or where the fiber network includes both homes and small businesses. Diagram in the left can explained the concept.

Fiber is often said to be ‘future proof’ because the speed of the broadband connection is usually limited by the terminal equipment rather than the fiber itself, permitting at least some speed improvements by equipment upgrades before the fiber itself must be upgraded.

apartment association can install it in their location and share the cost among them.. Fibre to Home solve the' Last mile connection ' problem.

However one draw back iis BSNL Telephone exchange should be within one K.M range

Top Bottom