BSNL Disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi All,

I am subscribed to BSNL 256 Kbps unlimited plan. I have this problem with BSNL, I am not sure if I am the only one here of there are others too. Whenever there is a powercut and my BSNL connection is active, 8 out of 10 times, I face this irritating problem of Error 691 Either the username or password is incorrect on the domain. This message stays for some 8-10 hours usually. But this time I could not connect for 4 solid days. Did anyone face this problem? Or anyone of know what could cause this? It returns back to normal without much intervention though.

PS: I couldn't find the BSNL problems thread.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Switch to PPPOE from bridge mode. That usually solves the problem. Atleast it did for me. If you still find it difficult, call up bsnl and get your modem replaced.

OP
__Virus__

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
In my BSNL connection properties, Networking tab, there is only one drop down i,e pppoe, so I am already on PPPoE.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
if you ever Error 691(make sure password & username is correct) or Error 678. Please register complaint with Bsnl. as its the service side issue from bsnl.

If you are broadband is down for 3days or more, you are entitled for a rental rebate.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
i have same plan but i never felt this type of problems here in chenni..
as bsnl give more important to their customers in recent months, pl call bsnl technician, they can help u ever over phone..

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
@Virus

I was talking about the modem's mode, not your connection. See your modem's administrative interface for more details.

paroh

Padawan
This problem also occur with me most of the time authentication failure and ppp down. But now the problem is solved as i think both in mtnl and bsnl if u switch off the router and again switch on the router it will take at least 2 minute to pass ppp down and authentication.

If ur problem not get resolved complain to the GM of ur area. As most othe time if u call the help line number they say u have changed the password in ur router or on the site.

OP
__Virus__

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
@Dheeraj

Pardon my ignorance and thank you.

But here is another problem. I seem to have forgotten the password for my router. It doesn't accept admin/admin. Googled and seems the hard reset (Pin in hole concept) will reset the router to default uid/pwd. I followed the same steps, looked as if there is something happening, my connection got reinitialized but the password still doesn't work.

Problem 2: (Entirely different)

The "Select Users, computer, groups" popup doesn't find any users when I try to add/remove/modify folder permissions on my home PC. Obviously I am not a member of any domain. I can't even find the user with which I am logged in to the pc, or for that matter, I can't find any user at all. When I try advanced search and click find now, it finds everything (Groups, anonymous, everyone, backup operators etc) but not the users (Admin/Virus/Administrator/Limited, in my example)

what can be the possible reason??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom