BSNL Dataone usage issues.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession
Hey ppl....
I am a new BSNL dataone user.... I've chosen the Rs.500 plan in which u get unlimited download from 2-8 a.m.
The problem that im facin is that durin the day time when my downloads are not free my bandwidth usage is too much.....
It went upto 0.4GB in one day....JUST FOR SURFIN.... I DIDN'T DOWNLOAD ANYTHING......

Some of the major sites that i visit are....
Thinkdigit....
Orkut....
etc
I dont think that my bandwidth usage shud be around 0.4GB/day just coz of surfin.... This way ill finish my 2.5GB download limit within 5 or 6 days....
What to do ?????

Last edited by a moderator:
use jetico personal firewall (free) or other firewall to see where your bandwidth is used...
also in command prompt just run, netstat-n to see running IPs on ur pc...
also use netmeter (free) to see traffic...
block advertising IPs...

more soft u get on softpedia.com or download.com

so u can control ur usage...

sumeetindia

Journeyman
Orkut uses a lot of bandwidth ! as there are many images (even though thumbnails)

->Use an image blocker .If u use firefox which I will recommend, use this extension *addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1672/
Blocking unwanted images will save upro 80% of your bandwidth

->Also use flash block addon for firefox to block flash ads
(*addons.mozilla.org/firefox/433/)

->Use adblock adon for firefox to stop downlaoding unwanted internet ads (*addons.mozilla.org/firefox/4364/)

->U also need to block all background updates which uses the bandwidth in background
1st of all disable windows updates - *www.theeldergeek.com/disable_automatic_update.htm

->Use a good firewall to block access to internet for softwares which dosent have any reason accessing (Use Zone alarm)

-> use this software to monitor your bandwidth real time
*www.shaplus.com/bandwidth-meter/index.htm

->Use this software to check ur bandwidth(Not Realtime)
*www.shaplus.com/dataone/index.htm
OR
-> Use this (firefx only)
*www.thegoan.com/datafox/

Majority of softwares I discussed works on firefox only
If you don't use Firefox for browsing, I strongly suggest you switch, now.

Hope this helps you

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I guess u read the document wrongly look close and u will find that ur total download and upload limit is low
i guess u do not know bsnl's billing poloicy.u can only download for free during night and u cannot surf during day but if u exceed the time of 6 hours the they bill as((total mb)*(total time(6+extra))/6)

Last edited:

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
Heheh Thats Gr8 0.4gb /day Well Its Normal ..plz Check If U Antivirus And Other Major Softwares Got Updated On The Same Day Or If U Downloaded All The Mails From Pop Server Etc ..well Its Possible That U Can Use More Than 1gb Per Day ..else Contact The Admin At Bsnl Or U Can Install Some Software Which Regulates Your Net Usages

q3_abhi

Youngling
Use a real time Bandwidth meter , this is the best way to monitor your bandwidth . Also use Dataone Bandwidth Calculator as suggest by sumeet.
It really helps. You can have control over your usage by reading those stats in Bandwidth Calculator.

gg_3000

Broken In
I want to add 1 more thing.. Chances are that U may also be counting the free time usage.. So, i suggest u download this DataOne Bandwith Monitor from here *www.shaplus.com/dataone/index.htm

In this dialer, u may choose ur plan - Home 500 - and it'll show u everything u need..

aj27july

Journeyman
i think that the antivirus u have installed may be downloading updates automatically. better disable the automatic updates. also disable windows update. they can also thake lot of your bandwidth.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom