BSNL Broadband Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

enjoy

Journeyman
I have taken plan Home 500 just 4 days back.

And today I checked my Usage, it showed Total 1.037 GB used.

But this is ot possible since I didnt used it that much (except for free hours 2-8)

I tried totalling all the connection usage which are given in KB, and after conversion it comes out to just 0.12GB. Then howcome the BSNL total is that much. And what do I do to resolve it. I tried calling the customer care and they said, that whaterver it is showing on site is correct.

I am also using DUMeter and neither it shows this much usage.

bukaida

In the zone
remember the ghost phone bills of bsnl? It is their old habit, and now it is extended to dataone also.Go to their website and try to complain from there.Since it will directly go to the higher authority bypassing the local ones,hence it may help.Some of my problem were solved like this.Wish u all the best.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
There is nothing wrong. My usage is in excess of eight GB. Actually, they add the night-time usage in the total as well.

OP
E

enjoy

Journeyman
I'll re-calculate after adding the night time usage. But I dont think they add this also. Since night usage is marked as zero already.

D

Digitall Charisma

THIS IS A RED ALERT SITUATION !!!

Don't be under the premonition that calculating will get u somewhere. They are probably taxing us unlogically, illegally, criminally to make up for some loss they might have had or simply for some profit. I got our bill for April few days back and it was a whopping Rs. 1258 which should have been a figure within Rs.700 - 800. They are showing "BB Usage Charge" which I am damn positive is purely faulty. My Reason - its simply time tested & simple maths.

A similar bill was sent for February. I really was caught up in serious work and so no way I had crossed my limit ( the 0.4 GB one ). Here in the Forum someone had posted an article about this but I did not pay xtreme attention thinking it was only a one-time mistake. After reading same info from u all I'm pretty damn confident BSNL (our once trusted friend) is upto no good. This is seriously a national issue.

If the mods are reading this I would like you to bring this issue into prominence through any web techniques as u see fit and also for the general public through ur magazine. We just can't sit duck. Come on.....

Ishan

In the zone
i advice every bsnl broadband user to check their records and post their results here.

Ishan

In the zone
i cant post mine. i is showing 1.38 GB today. and also i have used much. it shows five pages. so tedious job to calculate. Obviously i''ll be charged 100 Rs. for taht. but can any one tell me that now uptill what limit can i download so that i am not charfed the next 100 Rs.

OP
E

enjoy

Journeyman
I did copy paste of all daily usage records in excel shet and did totalling. It came out that that the total usage includes the free time usage also.

Now I can be a bit relaxed.

Thanx Everybody for posting.

q3_abhi

Youngling
They count the usage of free hours too in the total count. So don worry bout extra charges.

q3_abhi

Youngling
which speed ?

Downloading ?

Downloading @ 256kbps connection = 30*1024 bytes

eagle_y2j

Youngling
tanmai11 said:
Hey guys can u tell me the speed of bsnl in bytes
my plans speed is 256 kbps but my speed test were performing more than that i.e the results were showing 259 Kbps ..!
*www.tachypic.com/thumb/117.jpeg

Mine BSNL home 500(256kbps):-------------test result 259kbps/54kbps
Members plz post your DSL speeds ... for knowing who is having fastest one ................................

bukaida

In the zone
@tannmay: You will get the speed by dividing it by 8. i.e

256Kbps=(256/8=32)KBps.

OP
E

enjoy

Journeyman
hmmmm... mine seems very slow

dslreports.com speed test result on 2006-06-10 21:58:15 EST:
20 / 47
Your download speed : 20 kbps or 2.5 KB/sec.
Your upload speed is much faster than down.. have you tweaked?

Your upload speed : 47 kbps or 5.9 KB/sec.

Me too having BSNL Home 500 Plan

sajal

Broken In
Guys..
Dataone Usage Finder
A free open source tool to do the calculations for bsnl dataone
*duf.sourceforge.net/

Shaplus, similar but closed source
*www.shaplus.com/dataone/index.htm

Advantage of the open source code is u can see the code, to see for any malicious posting of your passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.