BSNL broadband modem Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker

Padawan
hey guys,
I'm planning to get BSNL broadband. is the modem (taiwanese brand) given by them good enough. i was planning to by a modem from D-Link. Plz Advice

Also is the LAN interface better than the USB interface in these modems?

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
they kinda give warranty with their modem and all

but i dont think tht should be much of an issue
i suggest gettin D-Link 502t (Rs 1800)
as the costs come to be the same (BSNL 1200+500 for installation)

and for the connection ... better go for the LAN coz it offers greater stability

OP
Stalker

Stalker

Padawan
@vijay_7287
thanks for the quick reply........but my friends were telling me that the D-link modem gives problems. Is it true??

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
The Huawei type-II modem provided to me (Quidway 3000A series) is good enough for my home 500 plan for dataone. I haven't had problems with it. I use it everyday and every night during night unlimited periods. This hasn't given me any problems during downloads. But it is a different issue altogether that due to the disturbance in the phone line, the link goes off suddenly, maybe due to some problem in the exchange side.:(

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
i forgot givin reasons for buyin the D-Link thingy

coz u get the net conn within two days

in my area if u register with the modem u have to wait for a month

the problem ur friends might have indicated might be during the initial setup...coz the default settings need to changed ..tht aint tht difficult..and moreover D-Link service centres will do tht for u for free

Well guys, i got my connection the day dataone started out in hyderabad, believe me for its true me and a friend of mine were the first guys to get it. I've the same small huwei modem (Smartax MT880) The thing is that my modem doesn't connect as soon as the green light stablalises. i have to pull the phone cord out of the modem and then connect it again and I still have to wait for about a minute or two before getting connected. This is my 2nd PC. I faced this in the previous PC too. No idea what to do, but please try mending this rather than give me suggestion to get a new modem.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
varunpratap_singh said:
Well guys, i got my connection the day dataone started out in hyderabad, believe me for its true me and a friend of mine were the first guys to get it. I've the same small huwei modem (Smartax MT880) The thing is that my modem doesn't connect as soon as the green light stablalises. i have to pull the phone cord out of the modem and then connect it again and I still have to wait for about a minute or two before getting connected. This is my 2nd PC. I faced this in the previous PC too. No idea what to do, but please try mending this rather than give me suggestion to get a new modem.

d00d u hav to w8 till ADSL led gets stable b4 trying u r connection as it the post connection process to stable ADSL

Third Eye

gooby pls
Stalker said:
hey guys,
I'm planning to get BSNL broadband. is the modem (taiwanese brand) given by them good enough. i was planning to by a modem from D-Link. Plz Advice

Also is the LAN interface better than the USB interface in these modems?

Go for MTBL Broadband,it gives you UT-Starcom-300R2U ADSL Modem which is good enough.USB is better than LAN Card interface.

Last edited:

Ishan

In the zone
I have HUAWEI MT882 modem
and i have tried connecting both the ways...LAN as well as USB
no problem with any thing.
connects in 30 secs

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Stalker, you better rent the modem than buy D-Link. Since D-Link comes with 1 year
warranty, and after that you have to pay from your pocket for any repairs!!
If you rent a modem, the ISP will replace the modem in case it's faulty. You pay nothing
other than rental charges!!
If you use Linux O.S then router is the best option. If you use Windows O.S only
it doesn't any difference. I use a D-Link ADSL router, it connects in 10 secs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom