Journeyman
hi dude

For past one year im in 500C plan got 1.5 Mbps to 1.8 Mbps

now i had 500C+ plan now am getting constant speed of 256Kbps speed only

what to do ? give me a solution

Router Model : WA2002g4

Flake

Linux User
I am having same problem with Home500C+ in Chandigarh. Speed was pretty good earlier. I am going to ask about this at BSNL Office today and let you know their response.

Browsing speeds these days have dropped too much, however i downloaded linux mint from a torrent @ 237kbps :). Downloading speeds are f9 but browsing has dropped in both happy hours and day time !

pushkar

Journeyman
I have a 500 plan - which never crossed 256kbps even though bsnl says upto 2mbps:-|
Sounds like you are getting confused between megabits and megabytes. Internet plans are advertised in bits, and the transfer speeds you see in your browser / download manager are in bytes. 1 byte = 8 bits, so 2 mbps will give you 2/8 = 0.25 MB/s = 256 KB/s (ideally).

Sounds like you are getting confused between megabits and megabytes. Internet plans are advertised in bits, and the transfer speeds you see in your browser / download manager are in bytes. 1 byte = 8 bits, so 2 mbps will give you 2/8 = 0.25 MB/s = 256 KB/s (ideally).

I totally agree with you and your calculation,if that is the case then why bsnl has to say 256kbps - 2mbps on demand----before this campaign , I had same connection as 256kbps and I was getting that speed,

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
yeah bsnl 500c+ totally sucks i neva get above 180kbps on utorrent n i get 240@ max on idm, but for the past 15 days max speed is 180 on idm, so thinkin on ditchin this bs n opting for airtel impatience 899

motobuntu

Journeyman
I am also facing the poor speed and frequent disconnection issue from last 20 days with my UL 750 plan in Chhattisgarh.

Top Bottom