BSNL 3G on HTC Desire

prateek007391

In the zone
Okay this has been almost a week when I purchased HTC Desire.

I have been using Wifi for most of the week, however now I want to activate 3G for the it. BSNL activated the service on my phone and now I wanted settings on sending the message to bsnl they say that settings are not available for this phone and I tried to set things manually, I am sucessful but still I can only access internet via EDGE and there is no 3G working.

I contact customer care and they kept me waiting for almost 1/2 hr without anyone picking phone, no call back after several tries and even there is no one in the Customer Care center in the City who can explain me whats going on.

kindly help me so that I can get 3G working on my Phone.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
similar issue with me.
first off. set the network mode to wcdma only and restart your phone.
if you get a network then your 3G is active. only settings needs to be set.

if you dont get the signal,then throw away the sim and get a new 3G sim card. its much easier that way. i have wasted a total of abt 5 hrs trying to resolve this issue resolved from bsnl.

you can check the threads started by me for solution on the settings.

pls let me know from which state you are from.

sorry i cannot provide links as im on mobile.
pls search my posts. will provide links tmro

OP
prateek007391

prateek007391

In the zone
Oh yes! worked like a charm.

However I still doubt though, Desire is still not showing "3G" but instead its showing "H" I am getting a very high speed now, and still BSNL has not deducted any monthly rental "Rs. 21" from my Balance.

OP
prateek007391

prateek007391

In the zone
Sorry for being lazy.

later

I searched a bit and found that H (stands for HSDPA) > 3G. Thats why the speed was too high.

Now having known that, I need a bit more information about any good data plans in BSNL 3G.

Mostly I have Wifi in my Office and Home, only when I travel I will need to use 3G so will 500 Mb do for me or I need 1Gb or 2Gb plan for that.

I live in Madhya Pradesh Ashoknagar Dist.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@prateek007391 : Congratulations On successfully configuring your phone :)

By default there is no need to have a data plan for BSNL 3G, all mobiles will be charged at 1 ps /10KB thats Re.1 / MB.

Though I dont have a dedicated 3G dataplan , the CC told me to top up with any of the plan in the following link.

:: BSNL 3G ::

You can go for 606 plan which gives you 2GB + 5GB night free (11 PM - 7 AM) for 30 Days.

a Rs. 222 recharge will get you 500 MB for 30 days.

You need to do a easy recharge on that , recharge cards are not available. Please get this clarified from your local BSNL CC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom