BSNL 2-8 utorrent download automated(no need to wake up, no paid software needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankushkool

Youngling
Is it true that there is a problem with directly scheduling... that if the modem is switched on during the whole process, As in it is on before 2 , from 2-8 am and after 8. And dataone is designed in such a way that it’ll charge you for the whole night if this happens! So we need to find a way of switching on your modem at 2 , downloading, and switching it off before 8, automatically.

read it here : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124051

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Fortunately, I got an old ASRock mother board which supports automatic wake up feature. I schedule it to boot at 2.03 am and have put µtorrent in the Startup. Scheduled µtorrent to download 2:00a to 8.00a daily. I leave my modem always on.

satdrbe

Broken In
Well, there are already several threads in this section of the forum regarding scheduling downloads from 2-8(BSNL happy hours)

But i thought i'll add mine too with screenshots...here goes

First of all you will need three basic things...(1)reconnect.exe and (2)utorrent and (3)shutdown.exe...all three are freeware...extract reconnect.exe and shutdown.exe to your desktop or any folder you want and install utorrent.

start your torrents in utorrent and pause them

also i assume your BSNL broadband connection is in bridged mode, if not change it like this(basically you will be dialing your bsnl broadband connection everytime you want to connect)-------

*img117.imageshack.us/img117/9765/21946244ms9.th.jpg

next step is to open control panel and go to scheduled tasks..

*img389.imageshack.us/img389/8933/39009746wb6.th.jpg

click "add scheduled tasks" and next and it might take some time for the applications to load..then click on browse like this------

*img239.imageshack.us/img239/7092/80944781ms1.th.jpg

*img388.imageshack.us/img388/3623/92190539pt6.th.jpg

then browse to the desktop/folder where you have extracted reconnect and click on it-----

*img371.imageshack.us/img371/712/43558336ss8.th.jpg

next click on daily and give the time as 2.10AM------

*img107.imageshack.us/img107/2336/95190799px2.th.jpg

*img107.imageshack.us/img107/258/57125733ar6.th.jpg

in the next step you be asked to enter username and password.enter the password or if you dont use a password to log on to windows, just click next...tick "open advanced properties for this task when i click finish" and click on finish...you might get an error like how i have shown, but ignore it-----

*img355.imageshack.us/img355/4227/77343664mg9.th.jpg

*img360.imageshack.us/img360/8894/72275594gm9.th.jpg

*img381.imageshack.us/img381/7967/10hz3.th.jpg

then in advanced properties for reconnect, under the task tab, tick "run only if logged on"....and under schedule tab, you can get the task to repeat under advanced scheduling.

*img381.imageshack.us/img381/5138/11xo3.th.jpg

*img185.imageshack.us/img185/5998/12lf6.th.jpg

this is the important step if you dont want to keep your computer running the whole night...under settings tab, tick "wake up computer to run this task" and click ok.

*img377.imageshack.us/img377/3615/13fr6.th.jpg

follow the same steps and schedule utorrent also. you can schedule utorrent to start downloading automatically at 2.15AM...

for shutting down your pc, follow the same steps again for shutdown.exe..you can shut down your pc at 7.50 AM like this-----

*img228.imageshack.us/img228/3503/78hu5.th.jpg

make sure you have the "connect at start" option ticked in reconnect.exe as i have shown the picture-----

*img159.imageshack.us/img159/6207/35152873sa6.th.jpg

last but not least, the most important step...HIBERNATE YOUR PC, DONT SHUT DOWN before you go to sleep-----AND KEEP YOUR MODEM SWITCHED ON(AND IF YOU USE A UPS, KEEP THAT SWITCHED ON TOO)

well, this procedure works for me very well...i have tried this for almost a week and have had no problems at all...you dont need any paid/shareware software and its pretty simple and straightforward....

thanks to the other guys who have posted similar tutorials and the valuable suggestions i got from those tutorials, esp yrana2002 who has posted a similar tutorial here

P.S----this doesnt work for rapidshare..for rapidshare you can use one of the various download programs available like cryptload, Elephant,etc if you dont have a premium account(not sure if they work, just google them to download the applications and try them if you want)....or if you have premium rapidshare account, you can use Rapidshare manager or there's a good tutorial already posted on the website of Rapidshare's verified reseller in India

Very very nice thread Apporva84, but I have one query to your thread. Many times it happens that the BB connection gets disconnected automatically, will in this case also the BB connection will be established automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom