Brpwsers acting strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
before I begin let me make it clear, all browsers from IE 7, IE8beta, FF2.0.0.14, ff3 beta, opera latest beta, opera stable & safari are giving me this problem, so keep your use this or that browser advice to urself.

this happnes sometimes and mostly after like an hour of using the comp.

the css files don't seem to be downloading on some pages, the fonts at certain areas seem to be bigger than they should be and are fine at some places (this is constant across all browsers). for example wordpress' official plugin database page does not load at all, page source is completely empty and so are a lot of other sites.

hotmail's navigation bar text is huge, my website also gives me some ext as really huge and shows sharethis button at the top of the page.

at first i was able to get rid of this erratic behavior by resetting IE to factory settings (yes it affected all browsers) I have also seen sometimes realplayer.exe launches on it's own, though the problem occurs at times without this being loaded also.

I have scanned my machine with avast free version and nothing came up. this was in XP only first but recently my XP has stopped going beyond the boot screen so switched to vista and after some time even vista has been behaving the same way.

my xp hjijackthis log also seemed to have no errors on hijackthis.de

blogging has led me to typing really long posts, so sorry for that.

any ideas any1 faced anything similar?

PcEnthu

Linux Learner
Check your browser for Cache problems. Try to load the page entirely from the server again by pressing the Ctrl+F5 key in Firefox browser. If the webpage loads properly, then u can disable the disk cache usage of your browser

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm... A long shot but try running this tool on your machine : *netoptima.in/arprotect/
Find out if there is any machine on your LAN (or WAN) which is spoofing the ARP bits and posing as your dns server.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
welli just read the page, seems pretty mucha close match to my problem, have seen those javascripts on gmail

the test is running and has found 1 ip that is on my gateway, but this is a local broadband cable wala network, what do i do?

first it found 10.9.38.13 now it has replaced that with 14 :? now it has replaced 14 with 16 :?

@batty: thanks a lot i can confirm that I have been infected with the Win32/Virut.A virus i searched and came across a post on a forum which said that this virus infects exe files and a week back all my software setups were constantly triggering avast as i had shared that drive, pretty sure it entered through there, no working to find a solution to i, thanks a lot for the heads up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom