Browser War! Firefox market share tails off!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Browser War! Firefox market share tails off!!
Safari and Internet Explorer gain ground

*ivory.vnunet.com/images/firefox/firefox/medium.jpg

Global market share for Mozilla's open source Firefox browser dropped to 13.67 per cent in January.

The browser was running on 14 per cent of the world's computers in December, according to data from web traffic measurement firm HitsLink.

Apple's Safari browser claimed the largest market share gain, jumping from 4.24 per cent in December to 4.7 per cent in January.

Microsoft's Internet Explorer was tagged at 79.75 per cent, a gain of 0.09 percentage points. Netscape and Opera lost market share.

By January about a third of all Internet Explorer users had switched to the new IE7 browser, leaving the majority stuck with the older version 6.

Firefox users, meanwhile, have been more eager to adopt the latest version launched in October. Roughly half of all users are on Firefox 2.0, the Hitslink data indicates.

News Source: vnunet

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Hmm...... :rolleyes: Dude, that is link. But here I have posted matter, hence can run I think....for discussion purpose.

Firefox gives best surfing feeling..not as a standalone..but when u decorate it with some extensions...I think MS shud disclose the code of IE so that developers can contribute some good extensions for IE also.and yes..IE7 has definitely got killer looks...

IE6/7 comes with OS-windows and most of normal users(some home,office, government etc...) dont find compitable with or dont know firefox/opera....

deviantart.com is gr8 site to give browser killer look....

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
alok4best said:
Firefox gives best surfing feeling..not as a standalone..but when u decorate it with some extensions...I think MS shud disclose the code of IE so that developers can contribute some good extensions for IE also.and yes..IE7 has definitely got killer looks...

IE has all sort of addons. Check out IEADDON.COM nicely and you would find many great addons.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Safari with the extensions Saft, PithHelmet, SafariStand and Inquisitor is the best web browser out there. :)

Internet Explorer, on the other hand, is quite possibly the worst web browser out there.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
On the Windows platform.

This is my nine hundred and ninety-ninth post. The administrators of this forum would like everyone to stand up and give Mr. aryayush a hearty round of applause please. He has made some enormous contributions towards the success of the digit forum. :p

alsiladka said:
IE has all sort of addons. Check out IEADDON.COM nicely and you would find many great addons.

Thanx for telling dude..will check them out.Though I still not prefer using full IE..I mean I hv used Crazy Browser and Maxthon which use IE engine.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
24online said:
IE6/7 comes with OS-windows and most of normal users(some home,office, government etc...) dont find compitable with or dont know firefox/opera....
yes maximum persons dont know that there are some other browsers available... they know that internet only can be browsed by IE.... i surf in some Sify and other cyber cafes, and found no other browsers in their PC..... they use only IE, my friends who have internet in their home, maximum of them have no idea or have no interest to try other browsers, oos log sochte hai jo chal rahe hai chalne do....:) for such things IE uses percentage is so large in the market....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom