Broken Downloads : Lets Hunt Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero

Broken In
AIM: Most Download Acceletators/Managers offer to resume downloads but what about Broken Downloads from sites which don't support resume...... Do we have any Download Manager cum/or Accelerators out there which can resume a download even if the download link is different( though file is same)??? And how many choices do we have? Our aim would be to pool in our hunts and knowledge so that all may be benefitted esp the dialup users attempting large file downloads.

Guys I did a lot of reading in this forum before posting so its not that I'm trying to resurrect an already beaten topic, Just give it a thought may be here we are discussing something we left at most places. I read the following threads all pages before I posted:

Fav Download Managers
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=974

Rapidshare
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33673

Wonderful download manager
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32825

Downloading from Rapidshare.com, megaupload.com
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35532

Frequently Discussed Topics
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32187

The Best Download Manager
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19326
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5592

I also came across this one where in QwertyManiac suggested GetAgain:

download manager which allows downloads from secure sites
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33777

Frankly guys I've not tested (though downloaded) this GetAgain but I think this software needs more publicity as it might be a great help for many. More importantly do we have More Choices Or Better Choices?????

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Some download managers like DAP & Free Download Managers have option of Mirror searching, which searches for alternate links for the same file & chooses the fastest & effecient link.
So, you can try them out.
Personally, i feel DAP is the best for dialup users. :wink:

OP
zero

zero

Broken In
yrana2002 said:
Some download managers like DAP & Free Download Managers have option of Mirror searching, which searches for alternate links for the same file & chooses the fastest & effecient link.
So, you can try them out.
Personally, i feel DAP is the best for dialup users. :wink:

Hi Everyone!
Its really heartening to see that people do give a look and respond back to the post... me somewhat falling in love with the forum.

Yrana its not exactly the question of finding mirrors but sometimes we have the exact link to that same file like when we download from Rapidshare etc the site allots a different download link to the same file NOW the utility should be able to continue the download to the same unfinished file, that's the crux of the problem. I installed GetAgain but it needs MS JVM. I have Sun JRE installed but it seems I need MSJVM only and Microsoft doesn't provide the download anymore. Did little combing of Web and Found my file... anyone else who needs can use this link

*www14.plala.or.jp/wakujava/microsoft/msjavx86.exe

OP
zero

zero

Broken In
saurav_cheeta said:
well there is no meaning of including rapidshare... as RS dont allow u to resume in free account...

We don't relly want rapidshare to give us a resume facility. Let RS give us the file we'll resume it at our end.. Hope u got the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom