Broadband Plan Unlimited...

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi all, :-o

I want to buy a broadband internet plan (unlimited) though i have tata photon+
but the tariff is expensive :twisted: so wanna switch to other....

I have opted for Airtel Impatience Plan of Rs1299 per month (2mbps upto 25GB & 256kbps after 25GB) & also Rs 1399 per month(4mbps upto 40GB then 256kbps after 40GB)

so only rs100 difference....should i go for this 1399plan or do u recommend something else.....

The purpose of internet will be the purpose of a net geek(movies,games etc)

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
If you want to go with unlimited download plan, then in my opinion it should truly be unlimited (without that speed drop). I would suggest you to go with BSNL's BB Home UL 750...

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
i personally download 65GB+(DL only) on the UL750 plan per month
The Airtel one you said has a FUP of 40gb(DL+UL)
so if you use P2P you can download at max 20-30GB without attracting infractions
so i guess the BSNL one looks more attractive to me

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
yeah...moreover 256kbps is not truly a broadband speed...you may feel cheated after a while spending on that speed..

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

yeah...moreover 256kbps is not truly a broadband speed...you may feel cheated after a while spending on that speed..

thanx, cud u pls give more details on BSNL's BB Home UL 750.....i m avoiding
it coz i dnt want a telephone.....:?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
if you want to with Airtel also, they will install a device first...there is no choice. I have kept it aside as there is no use for a landline nowadays (generally)...

go to bsnl.co.in...on the right hand side of the page, you will find a link "Broadband Best Plan Selector" below new year greetings from CMD...it shud take you to BB Plan Selector

Here clear/delete values in Monthly Budget and Usage fields...then you will get all the unlimited plans. BSNL has also rolled out FUP plans just like Airtel...but this one in row 3 will give you continuous speed of 512kbps :)
You will get download speed of 60kBps with torrents/download manager.

ajai5777

Youngling
BB Home Combo UL 750 is the true UL plan.Also I have 20% off as I have gov. employee scheme :smile:

Have a look

*i52.tinypic.com/2zybw9v.jpg

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
^^^^
wow that's a bit too much!!
theoretically one can DL about 4gb at max per day(speeds of 55KBps)
considering i run my pc uninterrupted for 20 hrs

so it comes to 120gb max DL per month (theoretically)
200gb max usage(ul+dl)
is 150gb inclusive of uploads too?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
But they charge rental also for the device....:?
hmm? Buy the device then? If you have an ADSL modem, don't buy it from them? Every ISP charges if you take the device on rental.

I have MTNL 1mbps UL. No device rental for me as I have my own Wifi router.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

hmm? Buy the device then? If you have an ADSL modem, don't buy it from them? Every ISP charges if you take the device on rental.

I have MTNL 1mbps UL. No device rental for me as I have my own Wifi router.

so i will have to buy the telephone + ADSL router.....to get a rental free internet.

Nemes!s

Broken In
but i guess BSNL is not good for online gaming due to its high ping on european servers. gamers mostly prefer Airtel...

couple of days back suddenly i started getting 500 ping on uk servers but now its back to normal to 200 :)

I don't say airtel is best but this is one big advantage being on airtel for online gaming.

Top Bottom