Broadband gets disconnected

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
System Log errors
the above link gave this:
Unstable ADSL connection
Thank you for taking time and look for me.

My logs too show some error. But it could mean nothing. I think it's time to give a call to TP Link. They may have a solution or if they can test to see if there is any issue with the modem or not. It's under warranty, but lost the bill. May be they can look up the serial no. and service under warranty.

Before giving a call I give it a try (the second link) and see if it fixes. I have been taking snaps every now and then for the last 5-6 days. I think I can get max value from those shots. But it seems like my modem doesn't have an option to set bandwidth control. Checked the options, couldn't find it.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Exactly the same issue/problem faced by me as [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] is facing,friend [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION]

Is the TP-Link TD-W8951ND ADSL2+ Modem 150Mbps wireless Router model(which I had purchased) itself the culprit one?:-x
Are there any issues between BSNL and TP-Link??????????????????

- - - Updated - - -

After two days of no disconnection, again it started this evening.:pullhair:
Brother your and mine problem is exactly same.
So I reverted back to :---> D-Link DSL-2520U + TP-Link TL-WR740N setting,and all is well.
Seems,that the TP-Link TDW8951ND purchased is a complete waste of money.:twisted::oops:

- - - Updated - - -

This was discussed in very short form at *www.digit.in/forum/networking/190081-weird-phenomenon-networking-devices.html

ratul

█████████████████
hmm, interesting thread, i am also getting frequent disconnections on bsnl with my w8968 from past 1 week, used to think that bsnl is at fault, now it seems the router itself is the culprit.. :(

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Is the TP-Link TD-W8951ND ADSL2+ Modem 150Mbps wireless Router model(which I had purchased) itself the culprit one?:-x
This was discussed in very short form at *www.digit.in/forum/networking/190081-weird-phenomenon-networking-devices.html
I am not yet concluding that the problem is with the modem.

Wow!!! you have lot of choice to try and see if anyone of them is working. I am finding really hard get a spare from someone to test the connection. Everyone is using USB data card :(

kg11sgbg

I am not yet concluding that the problem is with the modem.

Wow!!! you have lot of choice to try and see if anyone of them is working. I am finding really hard get a spare from someone to test the connection. Everyone is using USB data card :(

For unlimited Broadband connection,I think fixed line is the way to go...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
For unlimited Broadband connection,I think fixed line is the way to go...
Everybody have their preference. Just because, I could borrow their's when I need, I can't ask them to buy a modem/fixed line connection :D

kg11sgbg

Everybody have their preference. Just because, I could borrow their's when I need, I can't ask them to buy a modem/fixed line connection :D

Always,I agree with you whole heartedly on this regard.
Anyway,found any solution about our Tp-Link device?

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Anyway,found any solution about our Tp-Link device?
Nope. I have been thinking about calling TP link for the last few days, before that I would like to check the line with some other modem but just couldn't get a spare from anyone. And until 3 days ago it was disconnecting everyday and for multiple times. In the last 3-4 days, it happened only yesterday evening and that too for very few times in quick intervals. I am kinda thinking if it's the hardware (modem), shouldn't it be consistent in causing the issue?

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
Actually, the only time the disconnection happens on my airtel it's the fault of the network and not the hardware. Although those instances are rare with airtel.

But with BSNL they used to be frequent. The network is down usually when many people try to access at the same time. Try to change your broadband provider and see if it changes the situation.

kg11sgbg

Actually, the only time the disconnection happens on my airtel it's the fault of the network and not the hardware. Although those instances are rare with airtel.

But with BSNL they used to be frequent. The network is down usually when many people try to access at the same time. Try to change your broadband provider and see if it changes the situation.

But why does the BSNL connection remains stable with other manufacturer's modem(ADSL2+), particularly D-Link,Netgear,Cisco,Siemens to name a few???
BSNL network is down if a cable/line fault occurs or if there is an issue with the server at the ISP local exchange/regional exchange. Else its pretty quite stable nowadays. Even speeds/bandwidth are commited by them as according to various plans,whatever crappy the speeds might be.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I wish so, but I couldn't.

Until this issue started two weeks, there was no problem like this. :(

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
The problem was still there after one month. Again I called my ISP, they said they have checked every point (boxes, junction, post...). This is the fourth time and it's been clean for the last 40+ hours. Hoping, it's solved. Will see it for a week if there is any drop or not.

Note: I couldn't able to borrow a modem or I couldn't test my modem in another connection. :(

Top Bottom