Broad band speed problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
I've taken the Dataone connect from BSNL. The speed is supposed to be 256kpbs, but even though i have an old system P-133mhz the speed is only abt 159-170kpbs. My friends also who have latest configs get the same speed ... Is it beacuse of the provider or what .. Cant understand why so less

:(

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Man, i have no such problems (i can connect at 252 kbps), but others in chennai say the same thing....

They say by 10 days to make it proper. Keep ur fingers crossed....

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
@chacko : have u tried actually overclocking ur 133 . change the jumpers to 150 and then 166 and check which is more stable . this isnt to boost ur net performance , but over all performance on ur pc . btw which os and browser u using ? try opera any version 5 or older for ur config .

hack expert

In the zone
as suggested opera is very good also for downloads try leechget or flashget
btw are u talking about the connection speed
n wat speed do u get while downloading some thing

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Dude, how do i chage that to the 166 using jumpers? What shud i do?

And regdg speed for 256kpbs plan from BSNL, dont u laugh ... I used to get a whopping 20-25kpbs for some time and now 8kpbs, hows that !!

Many of my friends have the same problem too. I have IE5 in the system .....

:shock:

drgrudge

I have no such problem, i get around 29-33kbps!!!

As i have told u, it takes time to restore normality, wait for some time and see the speed.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
drgrudge said:
Man, i have no such problems (i can connect at 252 kbps), but others in chennai say the same thing....

They say by 10 days to make it proper. Keep ur fingers crossed....

Ur a lucky one dude of the lot........LOL

I have downlaod problems too. When I download any file or softie from the net, it completes the download , but the file when opened says this program has performed an illegal operation and will be closed... Some errors r mentioned too .. Then a msg it is due to restrictions on your computer.. Please contact system adminstratr..

I'd had this same problem when i used the ENternet 300 for logging then I reduced the firewall level to medium then it worked fine. That software got corrupt and i'm using the modem[Huawei] config for connection and same problem.. Can u help me dude....

:(

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@achacko

u better ask BSNL customer about it.... my frnds use it.... they got it on their home Ph line.... they say if u find (pick up the riciver) chrechi noise over the phone then their is some line pro....

as i said u better ask BSNL....

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
The " chrechi noise over the phone" is when you connect a phone BEFORE the data/phone spliter given along with the modem. This also causes problems in data downloads check that the phone line comes first to the splitter and then goes to all the telephones also note there are no parallel phones connected to the tele line before the splitter.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
They've tried everyhing abt 5-10 times.. right now they've given a direct connection to the pole in the bldg to check it .... The same though....

Guys pls check the quote i mentioned to dr.grudge just 2 msgs above and give me a suggestion on what cud be the problem or a soln..

I've Wind 98 sec edtion in my systm, P-133 mhz, 64mb ram...

:)

drgrudge

Man, Check this out..., how to make a p2p software work with ur firewalls on:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12967

I dont use any firewalls with my systeam for this very reason.

@pradeep, hows ur connection?

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
drgrudge said:
Man, Check this out..., how to make a p2p software work with ur firewalls on:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12967

I dont use any firewalls with my systeam for this very reason.

@pradeep, hows ur connection?

Mine works even though i dont have that softie installed for Kazaa lite. I get connected instantaneously.....

I really dont understan the catch ........ :?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
another thing.... @achacko@dataone.in how do u cheak ur connection speed?? lots of post about this matter.... the speed depends on lots of things......

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
:shock:

never... I got a max of 30kpbs & then reduces...... The least i get is 7kpbs...... God forbid it lessens or i'll go & wack that telcom engr black butt....

:lol:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
God forbid it lessens or i'll go & wack that telcom engr black butt....

some did.... i got this news in our local news paper... BSNL engg got bitten up by few broad band customer in kolkata..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom