Bring down temps down! Surely! yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
My A64 used to touch 61 at full load. I tried almost everything to bring the temps down. I even ran the system outside the cabby! But in vain :( .
Then I realized that I even had a ventilated cabinet, so there wasn't any reason to change the cabby! :D

I had a A64 1.8GHz ClawHammer...the vCore that I was set to 1.5v...well yea it is the default vCore for 130nm chips but.... :(

I then thought of under volting my procey! :D
But my mobo didn't have option to set the vCore :( ..So after a lot of googling I found a software for controlling almost every thing related to the processor...
Its call "Crystal CPUID" :)
Here's the link to the software. ;)

Code:
Direct Download Link :*crystalmark.info/download/download.cgi?file=CrystalCPUID

So here's how to Change the vCore with a software, for all those who don't have that option in the BIOS :)

After you download the software..

Start the software..
Go to Function

Then click on AMD K6/K7/K8 Multiplier

Then keeping the Multiplier same Click on Enable Change vCore

After doing that then Change the vCore to a vCore that is smaller by .025v to your current vCore

Then run Prime 95 for Stability for about 10 min after each .025v and 5-10 hrs after the final vCore.

To chose the appropriate vCore just Keep checking for Stability and do a few bench marks to see of you don't lose on performance

After getting a good vCore....click on Create Shortcut

To make it 24X7 paste the software into the Windows Startup Folder

Don't forget to Check the temps! ;)

[size=+2]CAUTION!!!: Dare to do this at your own risk!!!
Don't just reduce the vCore..just reduce it to make the temp acceptable! vCore varies from processor to processor!
THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR OVERCLOCKED PROCESSORS
[/size]

My results:

vCore 1.5...

Load : 61
IDLE : 45

vCore 1.250

Load : 47
IDLE : 39

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ Or you can use RM Clock from *cpu.rightmark.org which does all this automatically!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom