Branded PC or Assembled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harish_21_10

In the zone
Hey guys...one of my friend wanted to buy a desktop PC so i wanted to ask if i should suggest her a branded PC or assemble one...i have knowledge about comp but she doesnt so which will be convenient for her in future for servicing and repairs and also cost effective?
And also which brands would u suggest in case the advice is for an branded PC?

redhat

Mad and Furious
I personally prefer to get an assembled desktop and a branded laptop...
An assembled desk is cheaper, but youll need to find some1 n sign a maintainence contract, if ur friend is not a guru....

hailgautam

Youngling
if going for branded go for a dell the prices are not very much higher than an assembled one and you can get warranty and better quality.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
if its a he - assembled
if its a she - branded

:p

HP Pavilion series
*h50036.www5.hp.com/products/hppav_dtp.asp

i had HP Pavilion desktop, never had any big problem (apart frm partitioning:)), which the Customer Care dept. guided me to creating).

NagpurDaMunda

In the zone
if its a he - assembled
if its a she - branded

:p

HP Pavilion series
*h50036.www5.hp.com/products/hppav_dtp.asp

i had HP Pavilion desktop, never had any big problem (apart frm partitioning:)), which the Customer Care dept. guided me to creating).

haha absolutely correct...

slugger

Banned
from the looks of it, it appears that you people [op and his friend] are not enthusiasts [not an offense]

though assembling your own rig would have been ideal, my suggestion to you would be to go for a brandd rig [lenovo/IBM, dell, HP would be my brands of choice]. a branded rig will give you total assuarance of fixing your problem in case of 1 arising

as for local inginyears essembaling campooters, less you see their faces, better it would be for your mental health

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
sorry for my delayed response guys as i was busy with my work...

Thanks for all the advice and help...i have advised my friend to go for a branded PC,mainly for the service that will be provided.
But what about the services once the warranty is lapsed...dont u think that the charges for any hardware damage will be much more?or is it just another false theory that i heard of...

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^AFAIK, companies offer yearly maintenance contracts.
So, you should be fine even after warranty expires.

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
so u telling me that i will need to keep paying them yearly for keep my warranty intact after my initial warranty expires?

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^No, the maintenance contract after your warranty doesnt grant you extra warranty, it merely grants you a service technician from the company who will fix software & hardware issues promptly, You will still have to pay for parts.

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
i wanted to know if we can change the parts ourself with the once available in the market or coz its a banded PC so will have to buy it from the same company itself?...hope u got my point..

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
ok...i thought we will need to buy it from the company itself coz of some compatibility issues....never used or searched for an branded PC keep getting these stupid doubts..thanks again..

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^my HP Pavilion dsktop never gave any h/w problem, i'm using its HDD & till date havent got any "bad sector error"....

dont buy Zenith, HCL..., either get HP or DELL.

when you're getting it, get the best model, with atleast 1GB RAM.

DELL is better option if you want to get your preffered config.

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
had it been for myself then i would gone for assembled PC for sure...but thats not the case...anyways thanks again everybody...but i must say that branded PC's from good brands do look attractive for their looks..

Hrithan2020

In the zone
I prefer assembled.My neighbour bought a compaq PC couple of years ago and when there was a problem with dvd writing(but cd working);they sent a noob who told them that it can only copy dvd's(ie copy the image then write).After 1 yr warranty was gone,compaq charged them Rs 1.7k.Is this wht u call service..

This seems to be an exception rather than norm.So go for a good branded computer dealer known for their service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom