Boycott Novell Protesters Man-handled at National Conference on Free Software 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
I am not sure whether it can be discussed here, anyway

Please have a look

Boycott Novell Protesters Man-handled at National Conference on Free Software 2008

From the blog entry ..
Here is blow by blow account of trouble that brewed up on the second day of National Conference on Free Software 2008 in Cochin university. The activists put up posters against the Novell Corp (the main sponsor of this event) at the Free Software exhibition complex.

The organisers called up Kochi police and man handled Anivar Aravind a former student of the Cochin University and a well known free software activist.

Another link

Friendly ‘Boycott Novell’ Supportes Robbed of Voice

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Re: Boycott Novell Protesters Man-handled at National Conference on Free Software 200

hi Din, are you in any od the pic there? I think I saw you in one of the pics:
this pic>>> *3.bp.blogspot.com/_qBN_dFzAuCo/SSCHK0j94zI/AAAAAAAAAao/lthcuvv9uRc/s1600-h/16112008224.jpg

You?

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Re: Boycott Novell Protesters Man-handled at National Conference on Free Software 200

No, I was not there. I came to know about it through the ILUG mailing list and through one of my friend's blog.

Actually I had viral fever and I was taking rest for a week.

This guy, Anivar, I know him very well. Hes a great guy who has done a lot for the Open source movement.

I am not sure whether the action were right or not, just thought I will share the story here.

NucleusKore

TheSaint

DO read the comments to the post here
*playingwithsid.blogspot.com/2008/11/boycott-novell-protesters-man-handled.html

I think they merit reading, both sides of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom