booting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gau_pppu

TeCh Blogger : Gtechinfo
for some day i have been watching that while start up, windows open normally, but my hard disk light glows for about 2 to 3 min, nd during those time i could not do any work, it never happened before, i have 512 mb ram, 2.8 prosser, nd i use avg anti virus and avg anti spyware, which regularly gets updated, is it due to theose two antivirus that i use, if not plz post a sutable solution for this,

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Type 'msconfig' in the 'Start >> Run' dialog and hit return (enter). Click the 'Startup' tab and post a screenshot of the window. If you have a lot of services running at startup, they are bound to slow down the bootup time. Try disabling the non-essential ones. In fact, if you don't specifically want some service to run during startup, click 'Disable All' and hit 'OK' (no need to restart your computer though).

Alternatively, disable the auto-start option in the settings of your anti-virus program and restart your PC. If the bootup is dramatically faster, I would recommend launching the anti-virus application manually every time you boot. Or if there is some setting for running a virus scan every time the computer is started and is enabled, disable it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom