Booting from DOS **urgent**

Status
Not open for further replies.

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
When I boot my system ,it boots in windows .But I want it to boot in dos.And from dos we shold be able to switch in windows.So plz help me out.

One more help i need.Is there any way to lock or disable CRTL+PAUSE through C++.

I need the suggestions urgently.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
In XP, u can't :(
It can be done in Windows 98 but not in XP!

But u can install DOS on ur system separately and then can boot into DOS, but u can't open windows XP from that!

gursimran_2006

Broken In
You can make bootable disc by nero. then u canboot ur comp through it and start dos. u r wrong Vishal Gupta.

there is another method while turning on ur comp hit F8 button repeatedly. u 'll see a boot menu. then u can start command promt

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^
1.) Thats not DOS, its Recovery Console.
2.) vineet wants to start DOS and from DOS he wants to start windows XP. Thats not possible in Recovery Console!

And no need to boot using XP CD to just use that DOS (Recovery Console), which u r talking about, u can install it on ur Hard disk, just start windows and insert ur XP CD and open the I386 folder and give following command in addressbar:

winnt32 /cmdcons

OP
V

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
Thanks for you suggestions.I will use a bootable disc.But ,is there anyone who can solve my second problem related to c++.

Status
Not open for further replies.