Booting And Sound Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
From past few days i cant hear anything from my creative 5.1 speakers.. :(

I dont usually hear music on my PC...but one day i wanted to but i couldnt....
I have Creative 5.1 Soundbalster live sound card......with the s/w provided with it i have tested it and it has passed all test...so no problem with sound card or speakers.....just problem is i cant hear anythiing....:(

I also have problem booting ...PC usually hangs at BOOTUP windows screen....

After many startups its boots properly..or i have to go to SAFE mode and and then boot agian..and then it boots properly....

In between such activity ....my sound was BACK.....but after working for few minutes..PC hung and i had to restart my PC....and agian same problem... :(...so agian no sound......

I have reinstalled DRIVERS for soudn card...updated them...reinstalled XP (upgrade option) but it has not helped......:(

Also i will like to knwo any regedit or s/w to uninstall DIRECT X....tried fewa available s/w on net but it didnt help..as i guess problem is with some dll file from directx

Members help with this ASAP..as my last option is FORMATTING THE PARTITIOn and re install WIN xp.....but i wanna knwo if any SOLUTION or SOFTWARE can help me.....

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
IF u already have though such mess then I would 1st advice to have a reformat & a clean install of XP.

Since this sound card is quite old (I too have this model) hope that u have the last updated driver.

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
helloo problems and mor eproblems

I have formated my drive and resintalled XP

Yet problem with SOUND..... :(.....first installing the drivers and now after i have installed drivers......no SOUND....no i do not have any option also....:((

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Seems driver issue, I checked my latest drivers list as follows.

creative Driver version 5.12.2.252 dated 24th july 2002. Do u have the latest drivers???
Try different pci slot on the mobo, just to rule out hardware problems.

Did u installed any microsoft update which may be causing this problem. Asa last resort try another XP cd for installation.

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
I do not know how many times i have installed XP on my PC, checked my sound card and speakers...(but never removed my Soudn card as i knew there was no problem with speakers and sound card)......upgarded (w/o format) Windows XP......and tried all stuf...yet SOUND and booting ( yeah surprisingly even after fromat and reinstall ) it persisted...
so i removed one of my 512 mb ram and reinstalled Xp ( upgraded)...and ya SOUND WAS BACK.....while posting this i am hearing to songs.....and now suddely they have stopped :(...will have to check out....i am afraid of rebooting as then after many reboots or upgrade only my PC starts.....i am in BIG mess......

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
1st of all dont reformat too often , we need to isolate the problem so we can locate if its hardware or the driver issue.

do u have any other XP cd to install from?
can u post screen shots of creative driver window?

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
i have same driver version as urs...tell me ur DIRECTX version..as usually there is conflict between dll files of SOUDN card and DIRECT X.......

Right now suddenly while i was listening to songs teh SOUND has Gone :(

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Ya but whats the nos ....version nos..i also have directX 9c but its has nos as

DIRECTX 9C (4.09.0000.0904)

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Guys guys i am getting problem back....now one more question....

can this be due to overheating????????

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I don't think so, ........overheating what............card itself or the cpu???
I have run this sound card in a small cabinet without any problem, there were no extra fans in the cabinet at that time.

1st of all download arconis true image & now when u make fresh install , insatll true image & make a clone of the partition so u can revert back again & again without reformating..then don't install creative drivers & test the sound card without the driver.....its should work & give u sound

I remember XP will ask for hardware driver but don't install it..........let the card run on its native support drivers & then see what happens..........this way we will get to know if the driver is having a problem or not.

You now got to follow steps carefully so we can find & isolate the cause......who knows the card itself may have developed a problem.......to rule taht out ask a friend if they can let u install the card in their PC & test it there.

What config r u running???

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
when u reinstalled windows did you install chipset... I remember seeing this problem on here before, let me search for it and I'll try and get back to ya, unless someone beats me to the punch

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
My config

AMD 3000+
MSI RS480
1gb + 512 Mb transcend ram ( now just 1 gb ..removed 512Mb)

No graphics card :(

Now from yesterday ...SOUDN is back.. :D....crossed my fingers...but ya its weird.....suddenly all drivers accepted..as sometimes previously while isnatlling drivers ( for soudn card) PC used to hang...now after few RE- boots its working fine...but ya BOOTING is still problem...
Yesterday did

FIXBOOT...yet today while starting if i dont move my mouse it hangs...my PC is acting weird..a new problem crops up.....

Abt acronis..i have it....but will not clone drive take space...my Hdd is pretty ful :(....does it compress ;)...or any other s/w which compresses clone image....and ya would had made clone image..if i was sure that everything is running fine...but till now not sure.....

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
u reinstalled everytrhing from scratch or a disk image? I am assuming XP is on C dirve. how many partitions do u have and how much free HDD space do u have, how much virtual mem do u have. have you tried chkdsk /r or sfc /scannow?

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
hmm try one thing this is the idiotic answer from my side ..but try for once

check the connectors ,
refix the processor,
clean the pci slot
ram check and
HDD check too .. that is the basic..

chances may be your soundcard blew !!

idotically-nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.