bootable cdddd!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

salils

Journeyman
hey
I've created bootable cd but on inserting this at the startup a command prompt screen appeared to me
now how can i directly to my win xp startup screen ,I'm unable to do this
plese help me

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bud i don get u..u have created a plain Bootable CD ??? or Xp bootable CD ???
also in Bootable XP ..after the Post screen the prompt ask u to press any Key to boot fm Cd..else the PC boots normally..so plz chk that also...

OP
S

salils

Journeyman
I've created a win XP bootable cd
but on inserting this at the startup a command prompt screen appeared to me
plese help me

shyam911

Journeyman
I am still unsure of what you are trying to do. Do you want your bootable cd to boot directly to the Win XP Startup screen???

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I don't think anyone here understands what u r trying 2 say, man!!! Please be more clear as to what u r trying 2 do...

bharathbala2003

why need title?
yes please be much more clearer.... well first did u change the boot sequence to CD? else the comp wil boot from the HDD only.. so after changin the boot sequence to CD drive restart the system.. ul get the option in the screen

Press Any key to boot from the CD.. so press any key and ul b taken to win xp setup there do watever u want like repairin.. formatting..del :) i hope this helps..if not please be clearer on wat your problem is

aadipa

Padawan
salils said:
hey
I've created bootable cd but on inserting this at the startup a command prompt screen appeared to me
plese help me

If it is WinXP CD, you may be happy to see this *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18785

Any problems, post.

About your CD booting tocommand prompt.
The problem may be that you used Bootable Floppy/Image of DOS/98 for creating WinXP cd.
You should instead burn CD with correct bootsector of XP.

OP
S

salils

Journeyman
kya hai ki digit mein padhkar maine bootable floppy se bootable cd bana li
now on starting system i insert it
then it takes me to command prompt screen
now I dont know any commands of dos which will take me to WIN XP startup screen
this is what my problem

aadipa

Padawan
ok.... If you can access CD-ROM drive, then use following commands (Say your CDROM drive is E: )

Code:
E:
cd i386
winnt

Give each command one by one, that will get you the WinXP setup screen

But you can do this only if you can access your CD-ROM drive from that floppy boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom