boot failure,systelm halted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahendran

Journeyman
hai friends,

for about a month i am experiencing a peculiar falt with my pc.

many time while trying to boot, the system comes to a halt with the above message.

after two or three restart,the system works fine.

mine is a p4 with 850 mother board,128 mb rd ram and i use win xp professional with sp2.

can somebody help me to overcome this?

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
You might have failing hard drive or have had a head crash in a system sector of the hard drive. That is very probably what is giving you the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death). Also, if it was just a damaged sector, reinstalling and reformatting the hard drive should take care of it. But if it is a truely failing hard drive you will very probably still have the BSOD problem.

OP
M

mahendran

Journeyman
hallo dear,
thanks for the suggestion.However,how to confirm that my is a BSOD problem?i had checked the condition of my hard disk using HDD pro.according to the same my hard disk health is okay.is there a way out other than formatting?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm which os u r in?? is it a dual boot... any way... if win98SE.. then go to RUN then run the command scandisk with autometic FIX option.... if on win2k or XP... Run chkdsk /f X: (x is ur drive letter) see wheter any is there any problem or not... mainly look for BAD sectors...

OP
M

mahendran

Journeyman
hi friend,

i am using only win xp sp2 as os.

even after defagmenting the drive, at times,the problem appearss early.

during the booting up the sreen comes to a halt at intel sreen level.then if you do control,alt and delete once the system restarts and everything fine,sometime i ad to restart two or three times.

with the help of hard disk health checking tool HDD pro,i had checked the hard disk and the result is 56%.

can someone advice further in this?

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
What harddisk you have??? You can the use the UBCD utility to check for the bad sectors in your hdd... To use this see Here You have to burn this iso image to your cd and set the cd as first boot in bios.. and when you enter the menu select harddisk utilities and you can use the hdd tools according to your brand of hdd....

expertno.1

Technomancer
its probably a hard disk error or you can say bad sector error

UBCD utility to check for the bad sectors

no need to downlaod it

u can even use the windows "SCANDISK SURFACE SCAN"
which will detect the ad sectors and mark it
so that your data will be safe in future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom