Books, Paper Back or Hard Back, Whats the difference ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Youngling
Whats the difference between books that have paper back and those having Hard Back and why is the latter one costly ??

Rahim

Married!
If i hit you with the paper-back book on your head,then you wont get hurt but if i do the same with a Hard-Paper then you might get some aaloo on your head:D
Jokes aside: Hard-Cover protects the book over a period of time like those big Dictionaries. And it is made of good quality material, so naturally, its costly. I know its not much of an explanation and someone here would definitely add some more comments

din

Tribal Boy
More here

Paperback - *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paperback

Paperback, softback, or softcover describe and refer to a book by the nature of its binding. The covers of such books are usually made of paper or cardboard, and are usually held together with glue rather than stitches or staples.

Hardcover - *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardcover

A hardcover (or hardback or hardbound) is a book bound with rigid protective covers (typically of cardboard covered with cloth, heavy paper, or sometimes leather). They may have flexible sewn spines which allow the book to lie flat on a surface when opened, although most modern commercial hardcover books have glued spines.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yep, Hardcover ones are the easiest to read once kept down somewhere (Reference books mostly) while Paperbacks are lovely for carrying with you (Novels, etc).

Another difference would be that Paperbacks are sorta low quality and might tear quick while a hard-bound book is gonna last a few more years of rough use.

WARNING: Never read a hardcover book lying down on your back! :))

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Yepp. I prefer paperback too... (but LOVE e-books.. hehe :D)
They are cheap and would last long if you took enough care of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.