Books/Novels Discussion Thread V1: Literary Gems

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Listened to "emperor's soul" by brandon sanderson. 100 page novel.
This guy sanderson, is a god. He is so good. In 100 pages he created this amazing world, with a unique magic system and an amazing story, satisfying conclusion and that ending touch was ah.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Listened to "emperor's soul" by brandon sanderson. 100 page novel.
This guy sanderson, is a god. He is so good. In 100 pages he created this amazing world, with a unique magic system and an amazing story, satisfying conclusion and that ending touch was ah.
How much did the audio book cost you?

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Technically its not a 'graphic audio' but 'audiodrama' . GraphicAudio is simply the company that produces the audiodrama/audiobook. And they are the best in the business by far IMO.
Am I getting too old
Considering that you are on online forum, that is not whatsapp/facebook, and filled with nerds, probably not ;)

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Thoroughly enjoyed "songs of distant earth" arthur c clarke . Some of things one learns in a sci-fi book are so amazing. Like possibilities of quantum drive, empty space isn't empty and on.

btw @axes2t2 How was Snow Crash ? Had tried it a long long time ago. FYI I adore ready player one

axes2t2

I am a cat
Thoroughly enjoyed "songs of distant earth" arthur c clarke . Some of things one learns in a sci-fi book are so amazing. Like possibilities of quantum drive, empty space isn't empty and on.

btw @axes2t2 How was Snow Crash ? Had tried it a long long time ago. FYI I adore ready player one

Didn't find the story engaging, I read it in short bursts.

Interesting premise though.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^man, you are in for a wild ride, one of the most influential cyberpunk books. I like using all the new (now old) terms and phrases invented by that book.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Anyone read 'Ringworld' ? I started listening to its audiobook, but didn't like the narrator, reading it now and I am liking it now. Sometimes I find the 'flow' a little confusing. Not sure why..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Best books I have ever read are the three books in the "India Trilogy" by VS Naipaul.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Last 7-8 months reading a lot of bengali books.
Decreased buying and reading english novels.

Bengali books genre: Horror and supernatural.
Exploring works of veterans and total newbie FB writers.

lot of new concepts, approach. Not great always, but, even if I get to read 1 good story out of 10 is good for me.

Last english novel read "One Arranged Murder" by Chetan Bhagat.
(now don't make faces, kinda became a ritual of reading his books since "5 point someone" )

Top Bottom