Bluetooth or Card Reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

valtea

In the zone
My Friend have recently brought a Nokia 6600 . He is not a persone who is vert familiat with electronick stuffs. So he came to me and asked about the options to use it with his PC. I told him that it would be possible to transfer files with Card Reader and Bluetooth. Now i too am puzzeled which one should i suggest him to buy (bluetooth or card reader)

Also he have a Sony DV handicam. It have DV out . So he have brought a Firewall (DV) card (PCI based) and we have installed. It seems it is having problem with the driver. Although it is detected correctly under the OHCI (i forgot the exact words) it have a error under the network adapter 1394 adapter (device failed to start). I tried the same card under win98 and it is detected and the drivers installed without errors. But still it failed to detect the video camera even after it is connecte and switched on. Can there be someproblem with the Driver or the Card itself.
Note : here the card did not carry any diver. But windows XP and 98 detects and installed automatically.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i think a card reader is a better option and even more simpler to use. plus u will get te benefit of reading many types of memory cards with just one reader.. so if u have a digicam then it will be handy for that also.

and u mean firewire right ? not firewall ? well i am using a firewire card and xp detects it automatically ...try inserting the card properly and also try checking it on someone elses machine. if it doesnt work there then maybe its damaged. see your handycam manual for more instructions on how to use the card to transfer files. its a very simple process though. also when u switch on the camera which mode do u use it in ? like vcr,memory stick ,recording etc ? u shud use it in vcr mode and use a software like windows movie maker which will easily capture the video to your hdd.

cyberia.in

In the zone
bt can help in usage for more than just data transfer, such as video streaming, etc..

so if u want to do more than just transfer data, BT is the way to go

Charley

Just Do It
mohit said:
i think a card reader is a better option and even more simpler to use. plus u will get te benefit of reading many types of memory cards with just one reader.. so if u have a digicam then it will be handy for that also.

Could u throw light on the card reader and what benefits does one get over a BT device ??

Cheers

V

vishal_bhatia87

9-in-1 card reader
It also becomes handy when you capture anything on meomary stick with Handy Cam
It can read all types of cards such as SmartMediaxD, MMC, SD, CompactFlash I/II, Meomory Stick/Pro.

Bluetooth Dongle

You can install apps directly on your mobile without transferring it first
You can use your mobile as a modem if you want to connect to the internet via mobile GPRS
Some softwares also allows you to operate your computer through mobile and vice versa

jamifahad

Broken In
Go for card reader.I have 6600 n im using card reader.It comes for Rs400 only which is 15-in-1 card reader.It means it can read 15 different types of card b it ur handycam or cell phones..It can even read small mmc card which comes wid nokia 6630.U can format ur memory stick wid card reader which gives u better access to memory management.Win Xp automatically detects firewire connection.I connect my sony cybershot DC.Xp comes wid built in driver for these ports..

BottomLine " Card Reader".

cyberia.in

In the zone
well, card readers give better speeds, so that's the main advantage, but other than that, BT can be used more diversely.

OP
V

valtea

In the zone
i think i'll go for a card reader. thank for your help guys.

I'll consider buying BT too. when i have enough money.

The main problem is that i'm living in a remote area so every step i will have to take in buying has to be approved ny Digiti-ans coz everything is very coztly. The card readr is around 1500 (6 in 1) and the BT too is about 1800.

Just one more Q. Can i install app from the card reader. copy from comp to card through card reader and then installitin the mobile?

Any software for the phone recomended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom