Bluetooth Dongle or Card Reader for 3230?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujit.pawar

Broken In
Hi guuz.I am totally confused.I hav a Nokia 3230 and want to connect it to my PC,primarily for data backup and software.Should I go in for a bluetooth dongle or a memory card reader?Pls help me.What are the pros and cons of both?I would also like to know the tentative prices.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
For primarily s/w i wud recommend Bluetooth coz u dont have to rip off the cover and remove the MMC card always to do a thing.

Also, for backup, etc... if u can get a Cable its much better and faster though i dont recommend a card reader unless u have a digicam or other stuff that can use it too...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ok wid a bluetooth you can do all things that ur phone supports. you can even control ur computer wid it. but compared to card reader, it does haf some hassels.

but in case of a card reader, its just too easy to work wid it! simplicity matters!

hummer

Journeyman
but hassles r much higher with bluetooth.
the 1 good reason 2 use bluetooth is if u want to use the fax modem option.
i had 2 buy 3 bluetooth dongles 1 after other.
i also hv 3230 .now usin card reader frm tech com.
i good thing is card reader is quite versatile.

hummer

Journeyman
phone book is not possible as its in fone memory.
installing softwares is possible.
400 bucks approx fr card reader.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Bluetooth seems a better idea as the RS-MMC card in 3230 is not hot swappable. So, you'd have to remove the card to use with card reader whereas for bluetooth you just need to connect.
As for hassles I don't think there's too much hassle. You just need to install bluetooth's updated drivers , nokia PC suite and connect. Its not too tough. And IMO bluetooth offers more options.

paraman

Journeyman
File transfers with Bluetooth are s-l-o-w. Me nephew uses one and I know. Just use a card reader and transfer files onto it as quickly as any other external drive.

prash007

Journeyman
Transfering music files...or any large file using bluetooth will definetly take a longer time!
But thats not the case with a card reader...u jus hav to insert the card and its a typical drag n drop feature! Pretty easy man...u can hav more files transfered in a easier manner...
A card reader(16 in 1) wud cost around 350bucks...

as tech_your_future said:
Disadv: 3230 is NOT hot swappable!

decision is ur choice....

prash007

Journeyman
sujit.pawar said:
The card IS hot swappable man.

Hot swap talks abt the phone...corresponds to..u can remove the card even while the phone is switched on! Some mobiles hav thier card slots at the side...say 6630. Thats Hot Swap!

For the 1s, which are under the battery/for which u hav to switch off.. to take ur card out...is NOT hot swap.

hummer

Journeyman
the card is def hot swappable, but u hv 2 open the back panel cover.
the other thing is installin software is much easier and faster by card reader as by bluetooth every thing comes in inbox 1st then gets installed in mem card. while card reader u can put it ne folder u want before u install the app

Ablenwill

Broken In
Hi guys I have both I just purchased one card reader as cant transfer large files using bluetooth as my phone has only 4mb internal memory N-Gage. Now my problem, after I plugde card reader in my usb XP detected and installed drivers automatically n was able to transfer all the data from card to pc in seconds but problem started when I tried to copy files from pc to card I receive a error message unable to perform operation drive is write protected I checked 2 card but same prob I also tried to change read only option but no luck I formatted card but in vain also checked if any option in phone but none. Can anyone help for same y I m unable to write delete data using card reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom