Blu-ray Vs HD DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Hey! I heard that a patent is being filed by some companies which will develop new technology which can read both Blu-ray disc and HD-DVD! So there may be the end of the war!

S

SE><IE

Even I heard the n00z. The format will read CD, DVD, HD-DVD and BLD. It will be good for the consumers having HD-DVD or BLD players but what about those with simple CD players. The cost will beat their a** off, red. Also, the companies won't love to end the war.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
If its pure storage size that matters than Blu Ray will win else both will coexist. the chance of Blu ray losing are thin but very much present

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
the current titles that sony has released for the bd players look nothing before what are released on hd-dvds , sony is not serious enough to enhance the orignal print to look good on the big screens . The excuse sony gave for this is that they want the consumer to experience the true movie print the production houses own.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
recently, Toshiba and few other manufacturers released players that supports both Blu-ray and HD-DVD. This should be the start of blu-ray/HD-DVD merge.

faraaz

Evil Genius
^^ Now all we need is a Blu-Ray + HD-DVD Combo burner...HD DVD for movies and Blu-Ray to back up my hard drive on 2 discs...I reckon this is the direction the technologies will take in the near future...

But either way...customers win!

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Hope the prices are customer friendly...right now the Blu-Ray costs Rs.42000...you can get a more than decent gaming rig for that amount.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Blu-ray fans can get PS3, which comes with Blu-ray drive and costs $600. you can connect PS3 to TV and watch movies, listen to music, watch photos.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
ambandla said:
Blu-ray fans can get PS3, which comes with Blu-ray drive and costs $600. you can connect PS3 to TV and watch movies, listen to music, watch photos.

Yes PS3 is currently the best and the cheapest blu ray player in the market(starting 499$) , so if u want to move to the HD era PS3 is the best bet. PS3 has faster load time for blu ray movies then any available BD player in the market and is nearly half the price. PS3's dvd playing and upscaling capabilities are also remarkable. Besides all this u get a game console and a linux pc free :p lol.

K

krazyfrog

I am supporting Blue-Ray. Two reasons for that: 1) Cause it has higher capacity compared to HD-DVD.
2) Sony (my favourite company) is supporting it.:D

sagibelinda

Right off the assembly line
:) DVD to HD Video is currently one of the best DVD to HD Video Converter for customers to convert DVD movies to HD Video like HD mpeg4, HD H.264, HD MOV, HD VOB, HD WMV, HD AVI, HD ASF, DivX HD, XviD HD, with fast speed and excellent output quality!
With powerful converting engine embeded, the DVD to HD Video Converter features in smooth and fautless converting performance! Facing customers with various multimedia basis, the friendly-to-human panel is elaborately designed to fulfil conversion tasks with just several clicks! It also supports portable devices like Xbox360, PSP, PS3, Apple TV, iPhone, iPod Touch, Mobile Phone, Zune, Gphone...
*www.dvdtohdvideo.net/dvd%20to%20hd%20video/dvd-to-hd-video-converter.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom