Blog Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
I have a domain name (say) abc.tk and host the files at abc.275mb.com. Now i installed wordpress blog in the root directory. The root directory now contains index.html which has a link to the blog (index.php). The blog links works fine except in few places like:-
1) When i click for adding comments (after login) it takes me to 'Page doesn't exists' page.
2) On log-in page when i click on 'Back to XYZ's blog' it takes me to my site homepage (ie, index.html) whereas it should me back to my blog's homepage (ie, index.php).

Any ideas on why it's happening or how to correct it ?

ahref

In the zone
Instead of example domain, if you provide actual domain name and site address, then it will be easy to understand the problem.

BTW why you have both index.html and index.php in root, only php file should be there.

OP
hemant_mathur

hemant_mathur

Ok. The site is hemant.tk and the host site is hemant.275mb.com. index.html is for my homepage which contains link to my blog.
So when i open hemant.tk i see my homepage from where i click on the blog link to get to my blog.
Both files are there because i want to have both the site and blog there.
Moving index.php to the blog folder creates problem.

ahref

In the zone
Better you keep your blog in differenet directory then root directory, as you have already have some content in root.

OP
hemant_mathur

hemant_mathur

Re-installed the blog in different directory. Works without hitch if i go through hemant.275mb.com/blog. But if i goto hemant.tk and then clik on the blog link the problems re-appear:
1) When i click for adding comments (after login) it takes me to 'Page doesn't exists' page.
2) On log-in page when i click on 'Back to XYZ's blog' it takes me to my site homepage (ie, index.html) whereas it should me back to my blog's homepage (ie, index.php).

I tried the following things with no success :-
1. Put blog link as : hemant.275mb.com/blog.
2. Put a blank page as blog.html and used javascript to redirect to hemant.275mb.com/blog.

Still i am having the said problems.

One more thing which i noticed is that whatever link i follow through hemant.tk has the adrress as hemant.tk in address bar. For eg: If i put a link to google.com on my homepage and click on it .. the google page opens up but adrress bar still shows hemant.tk. Is it the cause of the problem ??

ahref

In the zone
.tk keeps all pages in frames, this may be the cause of problem, use framebuster in your blog that may solve problem, also when I visited hemant.tk, it first take me to intermediate page, after clicking a link I went to your home page. Better you use .co.nr or some other service.

OP
hemant_mathur

hemant_mathur

ahref said:
also when I visited hemant.tk, it first take me to intermediate page, after clicking a link I went to your home page.

Strange never noticed that. Opera takes me directly to my homepage but IE takes to an intermediate page.

I'll try framebuster on blog and if that doesn't works i'll change domain.

Thanx for the help.

OP
hemant_mathur

hemant_mathur

sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
Almost evrywhere i see Page not found errors :confused:
Where ?? If it's on blog then that's what my problem is. If not then please specify what link you are clicking on?

@ahref : Framebuster didn't help. If i dont find any other alternative by tommorow i'll leave this domain.

Last edited:
OP
hemant_mathur

hemant_mathur

Problem solved. Turned out that a wrong .htaccess was culprit. As soon I removed that problems were solved. Still you can check out if any bad links remain in the blog.
Thanx to ahref for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom