Blocking flash based advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
:( Those of us using broadband internet know the value of bandwidth. The flash animated advertisements download quickly due to the faster connection but at the same time consume alloted bandwidth. I am xp user with IE7 and want to restrict these bulky flash files from playing.

Can anyone here, out of own experience suggest me a good way to overcome this problem. The flash files have become "necessary evils", as they are sometimes compulsorily required. Disabling activex in the setting is not an option as they block all flash files. Is it possible to selectively disable advertisements only?:x

slugger

Banned
Can you please mind your language?

OFFTOPIC
can you please point out ONE word from my post that you wouldn't find in an English dictionary?

And I really dont think that you got any business telling me what I should be saying or not.

If you find that post of mine so offensive then go ahead - REPORT IT TO THE MODS

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ Heh.. Even i could have said in my first post that IE users are idiots.. There are ways of saying things.. :)

slugger

Banned
^^ Heh.. Even i could have said in my first post that IE users are idiots.. There are ways of saying things.. :)

:confused: :confused:
when did i ever say IE users r idiots

my blind....stupid comments were directed at the 2nd and 3rd posts who suggested the use of Ad-block and flashblock - 2 plugins that will never work on IE7

adi007

Youngling
hmm..
AFAIK the google toolbar can be used to block images as well as flash and popup's..it works for IE7,just download it...
i am not sure coz i am currently using firefox with all plugins installed...:D

there is another shareware called admuncher ..so u can use it if u want..

V

vaibhavtek

Why are u guys telling abt Firefox he is IE user just like me..!!! :-x :-x :-x

Anyways:-
Flash Blocker

:( Those of us using broadband internet know the value of bandwidth.

Correct I too know as i use Brodband internet...!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Why are u guys telling abt Firefox he is IE user just like me..!!! :-x :-x :-x

Anyways:-
Flash Blocker

Correct I too know as i use Brodband internet...!!! :rolleyes:
because Firefox is an award-winning web browser, open-source, free, supported by 99.9% sites (0.1% excluded for some Indian portals like Tata Sky), more than 1000 extensions, themes.

slugger

Banned
because Firefox is an award-winning web browser, open-source, free, supported by 99.9% sites (0.1% excluded for some Indian portals like Tata Sky), more than 1000 extensions, themes.

another browser fanboy :rolleyes:

i guess, you should b reading this post

*thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8342

people are free to chooses any sw they so desire, irrespective of what you may feel about it

it is like a person asking for help with his Skoda and you asking him to replace it with a Honda

i know how someone will reply - unlike replacing a car, changing a browser would not cost him any MONEY

but the fact of the matter remains that choosing a browser is your personal choice

i myself use only Opera/Flock, but that does not mean that if someone has problem with some other browser, I wil ask him to switch ovr to another browser as long as a perfectly good solution exists for that browser

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
another browser fanboy :rolleyes:

i guess, you should b reading this post

*thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8342

people are free to chooses any sw they so desire, irrespective of what you may feel about it

it is like a person asking for help with his Skoda and you asking him to replace it with a Honda

i know how someone will reply - unlike replacing a car, changing a browser would not cost him any MONEY

but the fact of the matter remains that choosing a browser is your personal choice

i myself use only Opera/Flock, but that does not mean that if someone has problem with some other browser, I wil ask him to switch ovr to another browser as long as a perfectly good solution exists for that browser
dude i am not forcing the thread creator to use Firefox. I say its just an solution to his problem. He can use both. Its my suggestion. Now its up to him whether he applies it or discards it. :)

Since most of the sites support Firefox, he can use it for those.

And others which support only IE he can use IE. :)

No offense. :)

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Use IE7Pro for Internet Explorer. It is a must have addon for Internet Explorer. It has both an Ad Blocker as well as a Flash Blocker. Visit www.ie7pro.com for more details.

Dont pay attention to some of the comments in this thread, there are some users who have a limited scope of vision and try to force it upon others.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Use IE7Pro for Internet Explorer. It is a must have addon for Internet Explorer. It has both an Ad Blocker as well as a Flash Blocker. Visit www.ie7pro.com for more details.

Dont pay attention to some of the comments in this thread, there are some users who have a limited scope of vision and try to force it upon others.
I know you are talking about me and others who rely on Firefox.

:evil:

V

vaibhavtek

Really did ie7 provide it...!!

I donot know I will soon upadate my browser from IE6 IE7...

Thanks...

BTW this software will surely help Flash Blocker..!!! :))

OP
Sridhar_Rao

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
Oh my goodness! I am amazed at the responses as well as some "swords crossings" over the browser. This thread was not created with an intention select the best browser. I had used firefox in the past but I still like IE. I don't want to switch over now.

I want a solution to the present situation in IE7. Thanks a lot for coming forth with useful solutions. I happened to read the Fast Track that came with this month's digit and there is a mention of IE7 pro (also suggested by asliladka). I am also looking at the flashselecter & popup blocker suggested by slugger.

I am wary of installing any third party plugins for security reasons. Who knows what they might be sniffing at, that's why I had asked users to suggest one based on their own experience.

And...for slugger, when I created this post I had not highlighted IE in red, when I read the first two posts, I realised that they missed the point, so I edited the post and highlighted them in red, it is really not their mistake.

Another addition: How is foxie? I already have google search tool & tabs in IE7, foxie claims to provide them too. It would be making the toolbar messy with lots of add on's, review please. By the way, their download page (*www.getfoxie.com/download/) is not working, confirm this.

Last edited:

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Really did ie7 provide it...!!

I donot know I will soon upadate my browser from IE6 IE7...

Thanks...

BTW this software will surely help Flash Blocker..!!! :))

IE7Pro also supports Internet Explorer 6, but some of the features are only supported for Internet Explorer 7 like Advanced Tab Manager.
BTW, i suggest you to switch over to Internet Explorer 7, its is much much better than IE6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom