blocking contents of a dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.

manasgta

Broken In
i have created a backup of my computer on a few DVD's.Now i want that no one else should be able to access the contents of the DVD's on any computer they try to run it on.Is there any way to put a password or block the contents of the discs?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Me too same ques.........How to copyprotect DVD's or CD's or as mentioned by manasgta how to put password.......so tat I can restrict d content to be accessed by others......

mittyr

silentFOX
You can password-protected a ISO file, its more stable. Guess i dont have to explain on that.

Here, the steps..

*www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-compressiso.htm

OP
M

manasgta

Broken In
i know the rar and iso method.The problem here is that i have already burned the dvd's and now i want to put a password.Isn't there any software to do this?

aswin1

Journeyman
Not once alredy written on a DVD. You have to copy it to another DVD and passsword protect that.

mittyr

silentFOX
@krishnandu.sarkar

Thnx.......but is there ny way out to copy protect them?????

You meant, they can access the data but not copy it??

Well, you can do it. But anyone with a little knowledge can break that encryption in under 1min. The pass-protected ISO is a good choice if you really want to do it.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Password protected ISO is a similar but simpler method than passworded rar, cuz you can mount iso files using daemon tools/magiciso whatever.

but no, its impossible to make them access the data but not copy it. depending on the data, you can try but any protection can easily be bypassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom