Black Bands in movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Members.! I know that its due to some resolution problem we see bands appearing in the top as well as bottom in our normal television. Can someone explain me why is this and why even a FullHD LCD TV(1080p) too shows these bands while viewing some TV channels and videos. Also tell me why even our computer if its got Graphics Card such as 9800GTX shows these bands when movies(HD) or videos(HD) are played with VLC.?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hello Members.! I know that its due to some resolution problem we see bands appearing in the top as well as bottom in our normal television. Can someone explain me why is this and why even a FullHD LCD TV(1080p) too shows these bands while viewing some TV channels and videos. Also tell me why even our computer if its got Graphics Card such as 9800GTX shows these bands when movies(HD) or videos(HD) are played with VLC.?

Some movies are shot in cinema scope mode, so, if u r viewing its 1080P versions too, ur sure get those bands.

sohancool

Broken In
Full HDTV's have an aspect ratio of 1.77(1920/1080) or 1280/720. The movies recorded in this format will display correctly on the HDTV, meaning will occupy the full screen of the TV.But some movies in Anamorphic widescreen or Widescreen have an Aspect ratio of 2.35(e.g 640x272) giving black bars above and below the image.Solution to this is there would be an option on the TV/DVD player(With HDMI out) to stretch the image to Full HD so that the image occupies the entire screen.. hope this helps u..:p

U can read more info on Wiki:-
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widescreen

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
Why this problem persists even in a computer with 9800gtx card and 22' display with HDMI support.? My friend owns this config and i have seen movies in it. Even though the bands appear.! This is what confusing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom