Bittorrent Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
This is the speed right now on bittorent while downloading music albums.

Download Rate - 2kibs, it varies from 1-4 kibs only.

Upload rate - 0kibs

Is this the normal speed ?? Or should I use Bitcomet or any other ???

:?

saROMan

QA Juggler
well the speed depends completly on the Peers and there Net conn ....if u have many pears ur upload rate will b high..but it can also happen that there r 2 tasks..1 with 10 pears and other with 2 peers..and ur gettin more speed fm 2 peers as compared to 10 peers .....so just wait patiently ..and share more to get boost in speed...

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
It depends on the torrent and the health of the same..., even if a torrent has XX seeders and xx leechers, that does not mean we get good speeds. Also the tracker should be a public one and not private. I think admins can limit the download speed for certain IP's registered with the tracker to have limited download speeds.
I download almost 2gb a day, and i have seen a number for torrent files like that.

It does not depend on ur client dude. Use bittornado 0.3.10 for faster speeds. MY second choice: bit comet.

indranil

Right off the assembly line
Use BitTornado. Best in business.
I get speeds of 20-23 Kbits, but a part of it maybe due to DataONE

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
ok none of the bittorrent clients you use have any effect w.r.t speeds of your downloads. That is totally dude factors which are not in the client control.

1) Your available bandwidth - If your on a 256kbps the max download speeds you can ever get is 32KB (256/8 do the math).

2) Like DrGrudge mentioned some server restrict your download speeds. Depending on your upload speed and so on.

Client features one should look at is part file downloading, seeding capabilities, debuggers, file details, file priorities and so on. Its like asking which download manager is the fastest. Given a T1 line and 2GB file all of them will download it in more or less the same time. It all depends on the added features and easy of use.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
drgrudge said:
It depends on the torrent and the health of the same..., even if a torrent has XX seeders and xx leechers, that does not mean we get good speeds. Also the tracker should be a public one and not private. I think admins can limit the download speed for certain IP's registered with the tracker to have limited download speeds.
I download almost 2gb a day, and i have seen a number for torrent files like that.

It does not depend on ur client dude. Use bittornado 0.3.10 for faster speeds. MY second choice: bit comet.

D00d tks for the reply. Is it necessary to uninstall the Bittorrent software and install bittornado ?? Also please gimme a link for the bittornado softie.

:D

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^ Can't u google?
anyways:
*bittornado.com/download.html

Use bit tornado and see if u like it.

saROMan

QA Juggler
indranil said:
Use BitTornado. Best in business.
I get speeds of 20-23 Kbits, but a part of it maybe due to DataONE

strange i get speed around 32-35KBPS for d/l + 3 KBps Upload Constantly... :lol:

mamba

In the zone
achacko@dataone.in said:
drgrudge said:

D00d tks for the reply. Is it necessary to uninstall the Bittorrent software and install bittornado ?? Also please gimme a link for the bittornado softie.

:D

no it aint necessary . u can install bittornado n make it as the default program 2 open torrent files .

d00d , thats easy , aint it ?? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom