BitTorrent client preference

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^ It's not illegal.

My preference:
BitTornado
It's simple and easy to work with. The interface is also not cluttered.

But teknoPhobia, dont take anyone's word as it is. U can try out various client and see which one suits you better.

The Four top clients that I've used and liked are BitComet, torrentopia, BitTornado and ABC.
I guess the best way to find out the best client for you would be to try out each for a week or so and see which one has features/Interface that you like and runs well on your system. Why I say that you should try them out yourself is because for some reason some clients perform better on some systems than others, an example is Azureus, it runs perfectly well on my friend's PC but when I run it on mine it slows down the system. However I've known BitComet to perform better on most sytems and not using too many resources hence system doesn't slack.
Also one client may have feature(s) that may be more handy to you than other clients so its best if you try them all out and decide. For example I personally Like ABC's web interface, meaning you can add/control your torrents over the web which is handy if you're away from the PC...and its easy to setup and use(BitComet also has it but it takes some basic coding to get it working)...

So Take these things in account:
1. System resource
2. Interface u r comfortable with
3. Better speeds.

I find Bit tornado 0.3.10 better

Azureus. you'll keep discovering new features everyday. :lol:

Excellent for prioritising different files within a torrent with many files - say for example you're d/ling a torrent with a full seasons episodes of your fav tv show, you can prioritise in such a way that episodes download in order, one at a time. That's better than waiting days for a 4-8gig torrent.

Keith

hack expert

In the zone
azureus rocks nuthing more to say about it well it is the best

only one thing only one torrent at a time if u like two simultaenous one`s bitcomet`s the answer

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
hack expert said:
only one thing only one torrent at a time if u like two simultaenous one`s bitcomet`s the answer
What are u talking about? Explore the options, man. U have not FOUND azureus yet, is all I can say.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I am personally very much satisfied with BitComet. I tried Azureus a few times after having heard so many praises about it. Somehow Azureus never worked for me. Guess I will stick to BitComet for now.

Btw, BitComet also supports prioritising specific files to be downloaded first. It also features a chat feature where you can talk with all the peers that you are downloading from.

mario_pant

In the zone
ok.... i love azureus.... it updates automatically..... speeds rock.... i download at 31Kbps at my 256 BSNL pland and upload at 1Kbps...... its plugins and features are neat especially the swarm display thing it kinda give some real satisfaction that something is happening.... and there is this really cool plugin which shows swarms in 3D...... aureus ROX!!!
My Recommendation: AZUREUS!!

OP
teknoPhobia

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
Personally I'm using both BitLord and Bit Comet, I haven't tried azureus yet, bot of these support prioritisation of downloads, selecting apecific files within a torrent stream and the interface is user friendly and also pretty much similar, I've heard quite a bit about Azureus, I guess I'll try it out

Biplav

In the zone
I stick to Bit Tornado and Bit comet
Bit tornado gives me better speeds but takes a lot of time to attain that speed(if i start dwnloading now the max speed with the same peers and seeds will reach after say 15 mins)
on the contrary bit comet is fast too.
but the main reason y i dont use bit tornado for downloading big files is that when it resumes frm say 40% completed; the next time u start the download it willl start from 38% completed.
this is wat irritates me with big downloads.
so i use Bit comet for files larger than 1gb

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Biplav said:
Bit tornado gives me better speeds but takes a lot of time to attain that speed(if i start dwnloading now the max speed with the same peers and seeds will reach after say 15 mins)
The same with all the clients man.. I have tried in almost all the clients except Azureus.

Biplav said:
but the main reason y i dont use bit tornado for downloading big files is that when it resumes frm say 40% completed; the next time u start the download it willl start from 38% completed.
this is wat irritates me with big downloads.
Hmm... this also Happens in all the clients. Try to flush your data to the HDD, every 5 mins. That will help you.

You know another problem with BitComet, it saves the downloading file as xxx.fileextension, so we cant preview the file (if we can actually do so).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom