Bitten by the Upgrade Bug!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hells_Fury

In the zone
Check the following link:
*www.anandtech.com/casecoolingpsus/showdoc.aspx?i=3097&p=6

There is a graph that compares quite a few coolers at idle and load. As you can see, CoolerMaster coolers arent as good as some of the others. According to that, the CM Hyper6+ is the best CM cooler.
I would really suggest you to get the ThermalRight Ultra-120 eXtreme from Prime ABGB in Mumbai. If im not mistaken, they ship to all locations in India. I dont know their contact details, but I have seen guys here discussing it. Just ask around.

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
^^^^ thnks a lot man for the contact info.

@harvik780 i'll decide on the psu 2night after i get to lay my hands on the card.

@Hells_Fury thnx for the link.

i got my XFX 8800GTS 320MB 2night.i didnt get any pci-e pwr connector bundled with the card,so made one for myself.
as of now i'm getting the following values in Everest:

GPU 67 °C (153 °F)
GPU Diode 74 °C (165 °F)
GPU Memory 67 °C (153 °F)
GPU Ambient 59 °C (138 °F)

GPU 1589 RPM (60%)

Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.29 V
+3.3 V 3.26 V
+5 V 5.17 V
+12 V 12.04 V
+5 V Standby 4.97 V
GPU Vcc 3.25 V

got a 3DMark05 (v1.1.0) of 13860 at stock speeds.
i noticed that after installing the card my mobo temp has inc'd from 40c to 47c.

all i wud like to know is whether all the above data r fine or is anything wrong?

Last edited:

Hells_Fury

In the zone
Seems fine...are the GPU temps at stock or load?
BTW, I forgot to mention earlier that I lapped my procesor and thats why my temps are like that. Lapping helped reduce my temps by 3-4C.

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
those r the idling gpu temps @ 576|1350|1700.
did u get a pwr connector bundled with ur card.
i blew my Zebronics 400w psu yesterday.it just cudnt take the load of the card in games.so wont be able to game utill i get a good psu.

Hells_Fury

In the zone
Yeah I got a power connector with my card but Im not using it cos I got PCI-E power connectors with my PSU.
Post your load temps also.

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
cant post my load temps untill i get a good psu.cuz if i load my card it'll blow out my standby psu.already 1 psu is gone,i dont wanna loose another.

after inc the gfx card fan speed i'm getting the following temps:

GPU 57 °C (135 °F)
GPU Diode 65 °C (149 °F)
GPU Memory 57 °C (135 °F)
GPU Ambient 52 °C (126 °F)
Seagate ST3320620SV 46 °C (115 °F)
WDC WD1600YD-01NVB1 62 °C (144 °F)

GPU 2612 RPM (90%)

Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.28 V
+3.3 V 3.26 V
+5 V 4.99 V
+12 V 11.99 V
+5 V Standby 4.95 V
GPU Vcc 3.24 V

Last edited:
OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
^^^ E4300 is not available anymore and E4400 costs 4.6k so 4k for E4300 is good price and present price of XFX 8600GT is 6k and i'm getting 6.5k.so i dont think i'm losing much.

i had to pay total 19.6k for the upgrade.

as far as Xbox and PS is concerned i aint interested in consoles.they just dont provide the convinience of a pc.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
assasin said:
present price of XFX 8600GT is 6k and i'm getting 6.5k.so i dont think i'm losing much.

Great dealing dude getting 6.5k for a second hand 8600gt when the new one is available for 6k.hehe.Who is the bakra?

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
a junior in my college.:D

got my new psu 2night.its a CoolerMaster Extreme Power Duo 650W.got it for 4.7k.will it be enough to handle my rig?or do i hafta get something better?

Last edited:

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
650 Wfor your PC is quite enough

but add anything, a drive or a PCI card more and u wont be able to get real juice from overclocking ur proccy n gfx card.........

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
---------------------------------------DELETED---------------------------------------------------
Since he has already upgraded. Just wait for the quad core processor if you have
not already upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom