BitDefender causing blackscreen error

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripleclutch

Broken In
I recently bought a BitDefender Total Security 2012 after reading the Security Suite test in the april issue. After I installed the suite on my pc, i tried to start the program, but the pc froze, and after a few minutes the screen went black. I restarted the pc but the display went black again after the 'starting windows' screen. I booted windows in safe mode and uninstalled the program and the problem was solved. I tried to install it again about three times, but the problem persisted after each time installation was over. Has my investment gone to waste? Please help

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
firstly please use some proper titles. titles like "please help" won't bring in any help. title edited.

well for the issue, what OS are you using? maybe some additional softwares (package) were installed with Total Security that have conflicted with other softwares. so the black screen. have you fully uninstalled any old security suite? if Windows defender is installed, disable it too.

OP
T

tripleclutch

Broken In
My pc uses Windows 7 Ultimate and I uninstalled my previous antivirus (avast free antivirus). Although i did not remove applications like ccleaner, defraggler and soluto (the BitDefender Forum recommends to remove registry/file/folder locking software, de-fragmentation tools with real time processes or real-time optimization tools). Also I didnt try deactivating Windows defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom