1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Bit Meter 2 counting file copying as upload

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by Flashbang, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flashbang

Flashbang *********

Hey friends , i just copied around 500 MB of data from my pc to cell phone memory card.I was connected to the internet but i had disconnected it while copying.

Even then bitmeter 2 shows me a large upload at speed of around 1.5 MBps :shock: (impossible for bsnl)

Is it counting the file copy action as upload ??

If yes, how do i disable it ???

2. pimpom

pimpom Active Member

It's probably counting your file copy. I don't use BitMeter, so I don't know if it has a setting to ignore non-internet data transfers.

I use Networx. It's free and the interface and features are exactly what I've always wanted. It can be set to ignore local traffic with one mouse click.

If you want to try it, make sure you download the latest version (5.0.2) from the author's site as earlier versions had some bugs. http://www.softperfect.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.