Biostar790GX 128MB BIOS Corrupted No display

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbird

Journeyman
How to recover BIOS after BIOS update failure??
*www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/support/faq.php?S_ID=81

I tried to reflash the bios
While Updating the BIOS with the BIOS update windows utility the Programme hanged and i have to restart it (after atleast 6-8min) now
I am having trouble booting the PC (No display see more infomation for more detailed)
Kindly help...
There is a Problem with the BIOS... I tried the method of AMIBOOT.ROM but it didn't worked
Please forward a procedure by which i can reflash the dead bios...

MORE INFORMATION

I have a backup of the original Bios on D:
Actually when i tried to format the UTILITY hanged and the system was stuck (no mouse was moving etc)
and because of that i am not able to boot anymore...
LED_D1 ON
LED_D2 OFF

CD METHOD
cd rom light ON (IT doesn't turn off) so i think it might be searching bios file on the cd so i tried that and put AMIBIOS.ROM and booted nothing pressed ctrl+home nothing, made different cd with AMIBOOT.ROM and booted nothing, pressed ctrl+home nothing... so cd method is not working

Motherboard Speaker
Motherboard speaker NO response to dead bios (i tried to remove ram and check and it was beeping when i removed the ram so the speakers are okay)

Tried to connect Floppy drive But no Power Led activity ( i check inserting the floppy and than keep pressing CTRL+HOME didn't worked either)

USB thumb drive followed this procedure
1 - Copy the BIOS file to root of a USB stick as AMIBIOS.ROM (all UPPER case).
2 - Start with power off on the target machine.
3 - Insert the USB stick.
4 - Hold down the Ctrl and Home keys and turn on power.
5 - Watch for the USB stick light to blink, and immediately release the keys.
This may take approximately 15 to 20 seconds.
6 - The display will come to life with the AMI BIOS Recovery utility, and will
report it's progress (with periods ....).
7 - The completion status will be reported at the conclusion, and the machine will
automatically be rebooted.
8 - If it was successful, you'll see the BIOS POST screen. Hit the DEL key and
enter the BIOS setup. Set "Optimized Defaults". Save and exit.
I tried to press CTRL + HOME still no light lit on the USB (no activity on the usb drive)

Tried CMOS reset and Battery discharge but didn't worked either

Kindly help

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
You need to take your Mobo to the Service Center as you've tried all the things to recover but of no use. So that'd be the last thing to do. And i dont think flashing the BIOS will void the warranty. Is it so?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Flashing BIOS will VOID warranty - If its luck he can RMA the Board

Please dont buy the Biostar thats stupid crap mobo !!

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@damngoodman999

Biostar is one of best board for OC'ers. The only problem is the service in India sux. That's the only reason that the board being under-rated.

BTW @OP

Could you tell me how long it take to flash the BIOS, as stated in the manufacturer's site. While BIOS updating the mouse or keyboard doesn't work at all. That's a common fact. I think u were short-tempered and restarted the system and finally you're ended up being like this.

OP
B

blackbird

Journeyman
^^
Lol
actually i flashed the january bios once it worked and the mouse was working i was able to see a cmd screen where i can see the progress of flashing it was successfull

but when i tried the latest bios it stuck (after selecting the bios file !!! just selecting)
i waited for 4-5 minute or i already stated the exact time...i was not impatient

i contacted the shop and they say that u have to bring the mobo to them that sux because i purchased from mumbai and now i am in pune...
giving this chip to flash to nearby engineer (well known to trouble shoot in the city) with the original bios which i backed up...
result on monday

otpsurvive

Broken In
I’m sorry my friend, but you’ve just bricked your MoBo. Try your hand at getting it replaced with warranty although I’m not sure that it is NOT Void. That’s why the wise always ask us never to try these stunts of flashing (and that too after all those warnings which the utility displays during the process) without a proper power supply and a back-up UPS.

OP
B

blackbird

Journeyman
LOL didn't need to do the replacement and other warranty sh!t...
Just flashed the bios chip with the Programmer.

axxo

99.9% Idle
LOL didn't need to do the replacement and other warranty sh!t...
Just flashed the bios chip with the Programmer.

do you have the programmer? I messed up my tpd35d2 bios very recently and want to recover it. The one in market costs around 2k which I cant afford at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom