BIOS Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Open ur cabinet and u'll see a small Coin sized battery attached in ur motherboard, just remove it from the motherboard for a few minutes and then place it back.
This process will reset ur BIOS settings to the factory settings.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Whats there to laugh in this rahul_becks23!! No question is silly, its only easier to answer ;)

BTW, MoBo = Mother Board

digiFriend

In the zone
if you don't want to remove button cell or clear CMOS jumper try-

press "page up" key immieditly after you power on your PC. it will clears and set bios to default mode.(this function is supported only by certain bios version, and is very useful when wrong CPU speed is set and PC doesn't boot).
and if it do support, always check cpu speed in BIOS, it may have change to default lowest CPU speed.

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
^^
hey if one breaks the pass becuase he might forgot it, there no sense that he does not love his p.c

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
To bypass your password( thats an appropriate word;) ), you have the option of resetting the BIOS configuration or using default passwords for your motherboards, provided, you havent changed them.

See this post for details and steps:
BIOS password Bypass

Savvy:!:

uttoransen

Broken In
battry, jumphers, and much more,

put the battery of the bios out of the socket, get it back, take the jumpher, 1-2 normal, move it to 2-3 sort, and again back to 1-2 normal, most certainly will solve the problem but i know you can't do that as you don't know much of hardware, so mail me and i will give you a better method,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom