BIOS > BOOT > All Options are Inactive

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbohaj

Broken In
Hi,
5 days ago, I had noticed that All Options in BIOS > BOOT Menu are Inactive. These are: -
Boot menu Type..., Boot Device Priority..., Hard Drive order... & so on. These are all inactive & Grayed out. I press all the possible keys i.e. Arrow Keys, Pg Down, Page Up. But they are inactive at all.

Around 1 month before I, updated BIOS with Specific latest Drivers from the Intel MOBO Web Site. I cant say that whether BIOS > Boot Menu options became Inactivated Prior to the BIOS Updated or After BIOS Update.

The query is that How BIOS options can be operational again?

MOBO is Intel 946GZIS Express Chipset Family

Last edited:
OP
J

jbohaj

Broken In
I did turn the computer off & remove its CMOS Battery for 1 minute and then put it back. After rebooting, error appeared that The firmware has detected that CMOS battery failure has occurred, Press Enter.
CMOS yields many problems with itself. Because Date & time settings got disturbed, all my trial version programs stop functioning and gone expired.

After removing the CMOS, now BIOS make other Menus inactive. My BIOS gets completely corrupted. What is the method to make it fully functional again. :-(

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Just removing the battery often does not clear the BIOS. You also have to use the Clear jumper or switch. There's no guarantee that clearing the BIOS will solve your problem, but I suggest that you at least try it.

Remove the battery again and leave the jumper in the CLEAR position for a couple of minutes; then put it back to the Normal position and reinsert the battery. Same principle if it uses a switch instead of a jumper.

Also, have you tested or replaced the battery? With some motherboards, a weak battery can produce weird symptoms.

OP
J

jbohaj

Broken In
Ya I removed the battery and clear the jumper. But Still, almost all options in the BIOS are inactive (gray out) & disabled. What is the final solution to Bring them Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom