BIOS beeps!!!

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
My PC shuts down after 10-15 minutes if i use the net, watch movies etc. and if i open up CS:GO then it hardly stays on for more than 5-7 minutes. I thought it was an overheating issue as my processor fan is in it's last stage now.

Here's the link for the thread where i have uploaded the pics and requirement for a new cooler:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/177413-cpu-cooler.html

But when i restart the PC, it doesn't start and keep producing sounds in sets of 4 continuous beeps. I checked up the BIOS beep codes of my motherboard - Intel DG41RQ and got this:

Desktop Boards — BIOS beep codes

but i am unable to find out the exact issue. I have changed the RAM stick as well as the slots but no luck.

Last edited:

¶§Ç

Broken In
Try to clean the Processor... by remove it from the motherboard (if assembled PC)...

Use Gel ( i dont know what it is ) it is used to put in between microprocessor and its fan... and its costs not more that 5 - 10rs

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
What beep patter are you getting?

Continuos sets of 4 beeps.

Try to clean the Processor... by remove it from the motherboard (if assembled PC)...

Use Gel ( i dont know what it is ) it is used to put in between microprocessor and its fan... and its costs not more that 5 - 10rs

It's called a thermal paste. I have bought it today and will be using it by tomorrow.

Continuos sets of 4 beeps.

It's called a thermal paste. I have bought it today and will be using it by tomorrow.

Can you identify the correct beep pattern out of those mentioned on the link you've posted?

> Please don't suggest ultra-cheap-sub-standerd-crap products.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
It can be virus problem!! Some Viruses write to the BIOS & produce this beep sound. I had the same problem couple of years back.
I cleared the BIOS by shorting it. Password protected the BIOS. This problem got solved!!

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
It can be virus problem!! Some Viruses write to the BIOS & produce this beep sound. I had the same problem couple of years back.
I cleared the BIOS by shorting it. Password protected the BIOS. This problem got solved!!

How to short the BIOS?? Any links on working tutorials?

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Here is the whole procedure.

The process is called "Clearing the CMOS Jumper"
The process is slightly risky!! A improperly done process can screw up the motherboard!!!
If you don't understand what I say, call any good System repair guy & ask him to do it.

The process is explained in the motherboard manual.

Go to section "Clear the CMOS Jumper"

Google Clear CMOS Jumper to give you good links to show how the process is done.

Here is the whole process

1) Format the harddisk preferably a low-level format
2) Clear the CMOS Jumper
3) Now password protect the BIOS
4) Install the Windows OS

The problem will be solved!!

Here are some links that explain the process in detail

How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

How To Reset CMOS - YouTube

How to Reset Your BIOS (with Pictures) - wikiHow

How to Clear Your Computer’s CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings

how to clear cmos w/o removing battery & dont have that small clip to jumper - AnandTech Forums

Top Bottom