Bill Gates Irate at Apple PC Guy Question, Storms Out of Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
There is one subject that is taboo for Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates. You can talk to Bill about a lot of things. You can talk to him about the fast pace at which Google is extending its search and advertising
Internet business while Microsoft is lagging behind. You can mention the muted adoption of Windows Vista. And you can even praise the piracy of Microsoft software products in his presence, just consider the example of Romanian President Traian Basescu.

However, there is one subject that is totally off limits. You cannot speak of it, comment on it and if possible, not even think about it in the presence of Bill Gates. What is it you ask? Well, the Mac ads of course.

It seems that Bill Gates is quite irate with Apple's PC guy vs. Mac guy video commercials that have flooded the Internet. So much so that he fails to retain the high level of diplomacy that characterizes him. At the beginning of February 2007, Gates simply smiled while the President of Romania applauded piracy. But when a journalist mentioned the Mac ads, Bill experienced something close to a blue screen.

Bob Garfield, a columnist with Advertising Age asked Bill Gates to comment on John Hodgman's character PC guy in the Mac ads. Bill Gates refused to answer the question, stating that he could not provide an opinion on Apple's ads. Garfield did not let Gates get off so easily and he raised the stake asking about the resemblance between Gates and PC guy. Gates simply left at this point, and barely managed to utter a “goodbye.”
Source

Josan

Gangsta
Apple Vs. Windows %%%%
Wat is this man,
cant u find a other better news to post in this tech section

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! :lol:

Yeah, I'd read that a couple of days ago. Didn't think it was important enough to be posted on the forum though. And I did not want to get involved in another flame war either. :D

Reps to you anyway, just because I can. :p

BTW, reading gx_saurav's posts about Windows, someone might actually believe that Windows may be good (not me, though). It is only when you have to use it sometime after being used to a Mac, like I am having to do now, you realise the pain. God, does it suck!!

Anyway, funny post. Ciao!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
BTW, reading gx_saurav's posts about Windows, someone might actually believe that Windows may be good (not me, though). It is only when you have to use it sometime after being used to a Mac, like I am having to do now, you realise the pain. God, does it suck!!

:confused: You are using Windows, OMG....How can that be, what happened to your Mac, I hope it didn't crashed after applying the 10.4.9 patch :D

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Simple reason the Microsoft does not reply the mac ads in any way is because if they do, they are recognizing a OS as their competitor which holds a very little market compared to them. Any such ad campaign will put mac os in the place it wants to be.

And yes Bill Gates did comment on MAC ads some time ago.

“I don't think the over 90 percent of the [population] who use Windows PCs think of themselves as dullards, or the kind of klutzes that somebody is trying to say they are,” he said.

“And I don't know why [Apple is] acting like it’s superior. I don't even get it. What are they trying to say?” Gates continues to express his disgust with the Apple ads: “Does honesty matter in these things, or if you're really cool, that means you get to be a lying person whenever you feel like it? There's not even the slightest shred of truth to it.
*www.dailytech.com/Article.aspx?newsid=5957

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Yah, some ads are really funny. Why is Bill silent over it? He should release a counter ad too.

One more thing, I have seen that where there is Gx-saurav, there pops Arya and where there is Arya, Gx-Saurav's presence is felt. What is the matter?
Where you enemies at previous births?:D
But one thing I find is that both of your posts are really funny to read, especially, Gx's comments. That fight club session was great...!:D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
:confused: You are using Windows, OMG....How can that be, what happened to your Mac, I hope it didn't crashed after applying the 10.4.9 patch :D
I am in Kolkata and am having to torture myself in stupid cyber cafes. :yuck:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
I am in Kolkata and am having to torture myself in stupid cyber cafes. :yuck:

Macbook pro worth Rs 1.47 lakh is a portable computer also known as Laptop which you can take with you & use anywhere. :rolleyes:

faraaz

Evil Genius
*www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060513

That kind of sums up Microsoft's stance on the Mac OS!! And mine too...:D

eddie

El mooooo
@faraaz: ROFL! You should really post it in aryayush's comic thread :p
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48120

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
eddie said:
@faraaz: ROFL! You should really post it in aryayush's comic thread :p
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48120

eddie , it has already been posted in this forum , in one of the billion windows/mac threads here :D .

here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47868&page=2&highlight=comic

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
faraaz said:
*www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060513

That kind of sums up Microsoft's stance on the Mac OS!! And mine too...:D
I was searching for this one. It is funny. Thanks! :lol:

Josan

Gangsta
Its is very easy to find a new news related to Window and apple War ,,,,,
there is allways new out their related to the windows Vs apple

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Even if Apple feels tht Mac is superior to Windows..(I too favour them)
Still launching such ads are nt required!
This wont help them and I feel tht being a Mac fan I never appretiated such a move by them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom