big tv failure or its technology?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vineyard

Right off the assembly line
is big tv a failure or its technology? I dont understand too much of technology but big tv during their launch has boasted about their mpeg4 technology a bit. But as a product they have lot of technical snag viz. pixelation problem, voice problem, picture failure, STB not working. Are these problems due to the technology or it is a failure at reliance big tv's end.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ All that is due to the freshness of the brand.

I saw these

1) Dull picture
2) not so good interface
3) buggy firmware upgrades (after one firmware upgrade to bigtv settop box, my friend was unable to go to the categorized channel list on his bigtv)

It's still too early to decide on it's future

But those 32 movie channels do rock. Lot of time pass and that is something that others should start too instead of relying only on on-demand movies for extra entertainment.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Those 32 are reliance in-house movie channels. Not the channels like HBO and world movies.

Apart from movie channels like HBO, world movies, you have 32 channels that are broadcasted by reliance exclusvie to their customers.

OP
V

vineyard

Right off the assembly line
i agree but just movie channels is not what a dth player is all about... they should improve their quality of service else the honeymoon period will end soon..

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
bigtv has great problems its MPEG-4 technology is crap...this technology is used to broadcast videos in compressed format on internet...instead of that MPEG-3,MPEG-2 is good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom