Big Confusion.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

chokhu

Broken In
Dear All,

Want to buy a high end smartphone with budget around 20k. I have chosen samsung s8003 jet and samsung omnia 2. But problem is that in s8003 every feature are there which i need except OS. And omnia 2 is also good but it has only 65k display. Wat does that mean? Is that mean that screen is not going to look good? Pls help me.

Vensanga

Journeyman
i am also looking for a new phone but my budget is around 15k,wats urs requirement,if i have the same budget with you i'll go for N86 coz am not interested in touchscreen phones..what abt E series,E72 lokks great...and what purpose do you plan to use your phone??

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
For your budget Samsung Jet is best.
65K is the number of colours the display is capable of reproducing. It will look good but not great like one which has 16 million.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Its crap. 16 million colors is a hoax. It depends on the resolution, the screen technology used and other factors which add up to the reproducibility of a screen.

OP
C

chokhu

Broken In
Actually i m using SE 320i from last 2.5 yrs. Now i want a new fone within budget 20k but i can increase it by 2 or 3k if necessary. I dont know much about mobile technology.
But my main requirement are
Good large screen (AMOLED) which looks good.
Camera not less than 5 MP
Bluetooth, GPRS, Edge, 3g, Wi-fi, GPS all connectivity
Good multimedia experience in audio n video.
Looks of fone should be good.
Must b a smrtphone.

Have seen E72 but i didnt like business phones like e series.

Samsung Jet looks good and all feature which i want but it hasnt any OS.
I8000 Omnia ii is also very good but its screen has only 65k colors.
Also N86 is good n in my budget but i preferring above samsung due to touch screen and great looking.
So i m confused bet ween i8000 and jet. Help me guys.
Can anyone post some link or photoes of clarity of 65k color screen and 16M color screen?

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Of course. Its the resolution that matters. Some manufacturers bump up the contrast and brightness that gives an illusion of a better display. But the human eye isnt able to comprehend the amount of colors used anyway. If ever, try using an Xperia X1 and compare its screen with other mobiles.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Of course. Its the resolution that matters. Some manufacturers bump up the contrast and brightness that gives an illusion of a better display. But the human eye isnt able to comprehend the amount of colors used anyway. If ever, try using an Xperia X1 and compare its screen with other mobiles.

dat means if i compare 16million with 65k side by side i wont notice ne difference...:twisted:

OP
C

chokhu

Broken In
Hi,

I dont think N97 mini will fit in my budget. So finally decided to buy Samsung Jet. But I want to clear some doubt before buying.

1). Does the Jet come with any application from which I can view/edit word,excel,ppt,pdf files? If not, is there any app available for download for that. I think the fone only support Java apps, as it doesnt have any OS.

2). How reliable are Samsung Touchscreen fones. I mean are this fone's touchscreen is reliable for 2-3 yrs under average normal use?

Thanks.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Samsung Jet is a great phone but only problem with it is that it's UI is proprietary and there aren't much apps available. With Samsung going for new Bada OS, users of this touch UI will be left in the dark.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) not sure about this part
2) 2 years is possible. 3 years, you should be lucky. My motorola E6's touch screen became bit unresponsive after 2years. Only select few touchscreen devices are capable of going on and on and on.

red dragon

Master troll
3 year is possible.you need to take proper care, a good screen guard from day 1,a proper pouch,try to avoid moisture n one imp thing KEEP THE BRIGHTNESS LEVEL AS LOW AS POSSIBLE,my E6 is still going strong after almost two and half years,though i rarely use it now .

digital4664

Right off the assembly line
Suggest a suitable smartphone

Hello everybody,

I m devesh, I wanna buy a new handset rather a smartphone as I can't use lappy:-( in d company i gonna join..

Requirements:

Budget around 15 K ( but can exceed upto 17K max if i can get a better n viable option )

SMS
unlimited sms memory, group msging
sms from specific senders(such as mytoday, google sms channel) shud arrive in separate folder.​

smart contacts manager
shud Read doc, pdf, xls, ppt
to do list manager,
A good camera such as 3MP wl do
gprs, Edge, 3G and WiFiii must.
password protect sms inbox, password protect directories feature/(suggest apps)
big screen ( as my main use is to view doc, ppt ; read PDFs and surfing )
A good music too.

I have read and reread the forum checked, gsmarena n all sites... blown up my head .. and finally found d option of Nokia 5800 XM (but heard it's touch feature is bit rough, is that?)

Is there any better option in Windows mobile 6.1 ?

I wud appreciate ur suggestions.. Pls help..!

digital4664

Right off the assembly line
Re: Suggest a suitable smartphone

I have read and reread the forum checked, gsmarena n all sites... blown up my head .. and finally found d option of Nokia 5800 XM (but heard it's touch feature is bit rough, is that?)

E71 screen is small , so not effective for PPTs and PDF viewing.. so opting for 5800 mostly.. Thanks ..

Does anyone know from where to buy 5800 in Mumbai.. which shop can offer me best price and latest ver. model?

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Still no one has clear my doubts.....

Pls guys, answer my questions which i posted above.

Hi Choku,

So u got ur mobile ?? Samusng Jet??

If not when and what model, u r planning to go for?

Have a look of below thread also...
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123293&referrerid=21177

& feel free to pour replies :razz:

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Also, have a look at this mobile.. if you are still looking for.. SAMSUNG B7610 OMNIA PRO.

All windows mobile comes with 65K Display, as the OS supports only for that. Though the display has been designed for 16M colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom