Bharati Airtel to launch DTH services from Oct 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

iChaitanya

Journeyman
called up their cc 2day.they said:
1>no special plans as of now for existing Airtel mobile/bb subscribers.
2>to get all 175+ channels (ultra package) u'll hafta pay 3.5k (6months free viewing and after that 424 pm)

i think DishTv is a whole lot cheaper.

But if the customer care rocks and the service is the best I don't mind paying high prices... just like Airtel broadband. :D

mrbgupta

Journeyman
IPTV in India?

It's won't be reaching the masses any time soon, 2mpbs unlimited connection costs Rs. 2200 pm at present. Who is able to afford that?

It will become famous only when people get 8mpbs unlimited at Rs. 2000pm, and I don't think this will happen even in 5 years from now.

what's the realation between tariffs of 2 mbps and 8 mbps and IPTV?

Do you think that you need an unlimited connection for IPTV? LoL.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ and u just dont seem to get 1 thing correct is wthout cheap broadband how can u xpect chaep iptv when it'll be using pretty high bandwidth for transmission.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
what's the realation between tariffs of 2 mbps and 8 mbps and IPTV?

Do you think that you need an unlimited connection for IPTV? LoL.

You mean even if tariffs for 2mbps connection are sky high, private companies will be subsidising them for people like you for IPTV. Do you know how much bandwidth will be used if you watch TV channels using IPTV?
And you think a 2mbps connection will be enough for watching TV and downloading content on computer at the same time.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
for now, IPTV is a nono, in future when 8mbps gets dirt cheap(when 100mbps will be there) then IPTV will gain ground

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
You mean even if tariffs for 2mbps connection are sky high, private companies will be subsidising them for people like you for IPTV. Do you know how much bandwidth will be used if you watch TV channels using IPTV?
And you think a 2mbps connection will be enough for watching TV and downloading content on computer at the same time.

IPTV is cheap. You know BSNL has already launched IPTV in Jaipur

Read this
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=933441

Most Channels in Rs 150. IT is going to be launched next month in my city. Came in Newspaper

ThinkFree

Technomancer
IPTV is cheap. You know BSNL has already launched IPTV in Jaipur

Read this
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=933441

Most Channels in Rs 150. IT is going to be launched next month in my city. Came in Newspaper

I am not talking about BSNL/MTNL who compromise on quality . I had explicitly mentioned that it was the case for private companies. Even if it's cheap, but still it would be sharing the bandwidth with your internet connection, which at present is very less.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
I am not talking about BSNL/MTNL who compromise on quality . I had explicitly mentioned that it was the case for private companies. Even if it's cheap, but still it would be sharing the bandwidth with your internet connection, which at present is very less.

Wrong, BSNL and MTNL dont have bad quality. See the threads at various places, people indeed good speeds on their braodband. I do agree that support sucks but the things get "Sarkari" forget support.

As for IPTV from Private players, The bandwidth for IPTV will be sperate. You will three lines to your home, one for Phone, 1 for TV and one for BB:)

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Offtopic :Chill it out guys. IPTV runs on the same line but has a dedicated channel for itself. So you can continue to browse internet, watch IPTV, talk on the phone at the same time.
Since IPTV has its own channel, it does not relate to your internet bandwidth etc.

Ontopic : I have been waiting for Airtel DTH for over 6 months now. Seems like it has been worth the wait, gonna buy it very soon :D

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
That tariff is insanely costly. 3.5k for 6 months. f off airtel. I get all channels for 12 months at a price of 3k (installaiton costs included).

No second thought. TATA Sky is the best among satellite TV's. Best in support and lot lot lot better pricing.

To get all channels for a year I pay 3k for TATA Sky but for Airtel, I pay 6k. TATA Sky is the way to go now. Greedy Airtel!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom