Bharati Airtel to launch DTH services from Oct 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

qazranchi

Broken In
Bharti Airtel Commercially launchs DTH on 9th Oct'09 and will be covering 62 cities initially.
As per The Economic Times report in addition to Mpeg4 technology the following key features will be there.
1) Universal remote for both Set Top box and TV that offers enhanced viewer convenience
2)Highest Set Top Box memory enabling more interactive applications
3) Exclusive content such as World space radio
4) Interactive applications such as iMatinee (Book cinema tickets), iTravel (Browsw and book travel packages), iShop (Shop on TV for your favourite brands), iCity (Get your city's information) and Widgets (Update yourself on latest stock news). 8 screen iNews, 2/4 screen iSports
5) Amazing games with high quality graphics, refreshed every six weeks
6) Audio gain control for uniform audio levels across all channels
7) Simple and intuitive search
8) On screen account meter
9) Last viewed channel in case of power disruption/switch off
10) Low battery indicator on the screen.

for further details read
*economictimes.indiatimes.com/News_by_Industry/Airtel_to_launch_DTH_services/articleshow/3569736.cms

As per The Hindustan Times The packages start from Rs.2,499 for a six-month subscription, while the price band for the channels range from Rs.99 to Rs.424.
*www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/S...ine=Airtel+set+to+enter+DTH+television+sector

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any discount for the Airtel Landline or Mobile subscribers???....:D

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Airtel is the best pvt company in everything they run IMO
be it BB,cell service etc ...They are expensive than others but quality is one thing that differentiates them from others :) ..I beleive 100 % this service will be far more gud than any other DTH albeit a bit costly

Edburg

In the zone
The DTH market is getting crowded and confusing....

i guess i am goin to go with the one who has the least/no logo in the screen...its pretty annoying

shashank_re

In the zone
@Edburg...I agree.Even i will with the operator having smallest logo!

Actually even though big companies like Reliance,Airtel entered DTH, they are not reducing the cost to the subscriber....All DTH operators will cost the same.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
I pay 280 bucks a month for 2 set top boxes with crystal clear picture and digital sound to my cablewala (Hathway).

Beat that Bharati, Reliance, Tata and Dish.

hathway is NOT a local cable wallah. they used to be a pretty good ISP a few years back. they are spread over south india from what i remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom